To apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a subject line that reads Job Title, Last Name, First Name. Attach your resume and cover letter.
Campaign Director, Louisiana Bucket Brigade
The Louisiana Bucket Brigade is a 501(c)(3) environmental health and justice organization working with communities that neighbor the state’s oil refineries and chemical plants. We use grassroots action to create an informed, healthy society that holds the petrochemical industry and government accountable for the true costs of pollution to hasten the transition from fossil fuels. Our vision is a Louisiana that is a healthy, prosperous, pollution-free and just state where people and the environment are valued over profit.
Purpose of Position: The purpose of the Campaign Director (CD) is to assure strategic, consistent and well-managed campaigns and programs with a foundation of community engagement. The CD will need to manage a staff of varied campaigns, with an initial focus on liquified natural gas terminals in southwest Louisiana and economic development along Cancer Alley. This position will be a combination of management and direct engagement in the work.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Campaign Coordinators
Job Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) with health benefits
Salary: $65,000 annually
Location: New Orleans
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise on campaign tactics and strategy on a weekly basis.
- Assist with relevant work as necessary, including organizing, research and communications work.
- Maintain close knowledge of what is happening in campaigns.
- Attend community campaign events and planning meetings.
- Assure regular communication about the campaigns, including press releases, newsletters, social media content.
- Remain apprised of political, media and regulatory dynamics and seize opportunities
- Assist direct reports with strategy development and prioritization of work, including maintenance of work plans
- Ensure that Louisiana Bucket Brigade organizational policies are followed and that the team members are adhering to our values and vision
- Create campaigns based on weaknesses and opportunities
- Ensure effective team communication and coordination, including use of management tools for each campaign
- Work with Chief Financial Officer to develop and monitor budget
- Assure compilation of campaign media and metrics
- Identify and engage impacted communities, develop relationship with leaders, maintain communication via in-person visits, ongoing calls and texts
- Collaborate with other organizations working on the issue, join calls and meetings
- Work with technical advisors, including communications and research teams
- Cultivate additional partners, including lawyers, financial analysts, researchers, elected officials and others with relevant expertise
- Work with development team to provide metrics and engage members on campaigns
- Develop proposal and report language as requested by the Development Department
- Work with annual fund manager to hold town halls and teach-ins
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least eight years of experience in policy work or managing social justice campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to engage citizens at the grassroots level, speak and write compellingly about social justice issues, and implement a campaign plan.
- Success in managing and implementing political and/or social justice campaigns
- Candidates should have demonstrated commitment to cultural competency, including the experience in working effectively with those belonging to groups of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, language, ability, age and socioeconomic status.
- Interest in and ability to connect with people in small towns in Louisiana
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Consistently approaches work with enthusiasm and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Shares knowledge and experience and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development
- Responds positively to critical feedback
- An ability to write clearly and mastery of office technology, including social media
The Louisiana Bucket Brigade is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send an email to email@example.com with a subject line that reads Job Title, Last Name, First Name. Attach your resume and cover letter.