IT Support Technician
Emerson Collective deploys a wide range of tools — from impact investing to philanthropy to advocacy — in pursuit of a more equal and just America. We focus on creating systemic change in education, immigration, climate, and cancer research and treatment. Established and led by Laurene Powell Jobs, we work to create new possibilities for individuals and communities.
Emerson Collective is impatient but optimistic, and bold but pragmatic in its approach. To meet the ambitious goals of its founder, Emerson Collective is seeking colleagues with both the audacity to dream up new ways to improve the world and the determination to make them a reality.
IT Support Technicians for the Emerson Collective will join in creating a “best in class” IT organization emphasizing customer service and technical excellence. The IT Support Technician will be responsible for providing support across the Emerson Collective community with a focus on Chicago CRED. This role will primarily be responsible for supporting the IT needs of their location including end-user support, basic network troubleshooting and conference room/AV support. In addition, the incumbent will provide advice and analysis to leadership and colleagues on a variety of technical initiatives and will have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the overall organization.
Role and Responsibilities
· Establishing trust and maintain a high level of confidentiality for all operation activities and tasks.
· Process incoming tickets within defined SLA and achieve satisfactory results.
· Ensure smooth operation or operational function within the facility including network, printers, conference rooms and AV.
· Effectively manage and communicate urgency around appropriate issues and manage expectations when not urgent.
· Provide 1:1 support to staff during business hours.
· Perform software and hardware customizations and configurations across a wide variety of platforms (networking, A/V, etc.).
· Recommend new and upgraded technologies based on industry trends that would increase efficiency and effectiveness of the executive team.
· Acknowledge that security and confidentiality is paramount, but, not to the detriment of efficiency and effectiveness.
· On-call rotation for after-hours urgent matters.
· Provide occasional support for events, some of which may occur after-hours and on weekends.
· Provide remote support to remote staff within the Emerson Collective community.
· Drive continuous improvement by reviewing existing policies and procedures on an on-going basis and provide feedback to IT leadership.
· Participate in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and procedures.
· Participate in staff training as required.
· Travel when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of experience in enterprise IT support.
· 2+ years of experience troubleshooting Mac OS and Apple iOS.
· 1+ years of experience troubleshooting Windows.
· 2+ years of experience working directly with Executive and Director level employees.
· Experience with client-side troubleshooting of network services (i.e. DNS, DHCP, and certificate-based authentication).
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Ability to summarize and communicate everyday business requirements around end-user needs.
· Strong written, spoken and user engagement/communication skills.
· Experience with administering/supporting cloud solutions including but not limited to Office 365, Box, Slack, as well as the ability to teach others how to use and navigate each application.
· Experience with enterprise-grade video conferencing equipment is a plus.
· Excellent organizational skills are key to success in this role.
· Ability to successfully prioritize and track tasks.
· Passionate about the mission and values of Emerson Collective, and specifically its aim to serve as a catalyst for change to education, immigration, environmental/climate change, and justice.
· Ability to quickly gain credibility and respect with both internal and external audiences.
· Masterfully multitask and manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment.
· Excellent track record of working effectively with colleagues as part of a strong and diverse team.
· Unwavering professional ethics and personal integrity, and the ability to communicate honestly and directly while having the courage to own their convictions and adhere to strongly held principles and values.
· Exhibit exceptional judgment during problem handling.
· Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Graceful under pressure.
· Hungry to learn, curious to ask questions, and possessing the desire to engage in exploration individually and within a team.
· Extensive working knowledge of Apple products and troubleshooting is a plus.
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Chicago, New York, Oakland, Palo Alto, and Washington, D.C. This position is both remote and in-person. Some on-site support is required at our offices in downtown Chicago, Roseland, North Lawndale, and McKinley Park.
The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Emerson Collective offers excellent organizational benefits.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systematic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
IT Support Technician
Emerson Collective deploys a wide range of tools — from impact investing to philanthropy to advocacy — in pursuit of a more equal and just America. We focus on creating systemic change in education, immigration, climate…
Please submit a PDF version of your resume and cover letter.