Inner City Law Center is a non-profit poverty law firm dedicated to serving the most vulnerable individuals and families in Los Angeles County. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded in 1980 on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people who are disabled or homeless, people living with HIV/AIDS, and homeless veterans. With 95+ staff and 400+ volunteers annually, ICLC is the only provider of legal services headquartered in Skid Row. We are widely recognized for our expertise on housing, homelessness, and public benefits.
Position Description: ICLC seeks an experienced, dynamic, and creative Managing Attorney to provide leadership support and subject matter expertise to ICLC Attorneys and legal support staff. The Managing Attorney reports directly to the Chief Counsel and Director of Legal Services and will have supervisory oversight of ICLC Teams and Programs.
The Managing Attorney collaborates with the Director of Legal Services and other senior staff to:
• Ensure high quality, culturally-conscious and client-centered legal representation consistent with ICLC's values, vision, and strategic goals.
• Support Program Leads with developing and managing budgets, defining expectations, ensuring effective case management, accurate record-keeping and reporting of results and client outcomes, as well as developing and retaining high-performing staff.
• Promote a healthy work environment that encourages professional development, open communication, and accountability.
• Identify and pursue funding and partnership opportunities, including helping to develop relationships with pro bono counsel at some of the highest-profile law firms in the city.
• Serve as ICLC’s ambassador to community organizations and government agencies.
• Promote policy changes to reduce systemic barriers to safe and affordable housing.
• Perform other duties as needed.
Required Hiring Criteria: Commitment to ICLC’s mission and values. At least ten years’ experience as a practicing attorney. Membership in the California Bar or another State Bar. Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, and lead teams. Innovative and solution-oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with a wide range of people in a kind and professional manner. Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting low-income communities and communities of color.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Inner City Law Center is a non-profit poverty law firm dedicated to serving the most vulnerable individuals and families in Los Angeles County. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded in…
How to Apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position directly on our website by following the link: https://innercitylaw.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=10.
How to Apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit your resume and cover…