Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
“Ensuring that socioeconomic status does not limit a child’s future.”
Impact360 believes that poverty should not be allowed to determine human potential. Everyone should have access to the resources and opportunities that foster human potential. The best public policy promotes equitable access to resources that foster personal and societal success.
Impact360 (I360) is an after-school college access program for underserved students in Denver Public Schools. I360 promotes academic, athletic, and personal growth for students from low-income families through a program that includes academics, health & wellness, and life skills. Participants join the program in 6th or 7th grade and remain in the program through the age of 24, participating in over 425 hours per year of program activities across the school year and summer months with I360. Established in 2008, Impact360 is a 501c3 not-for-profit charitable organization and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.impact-360.org/.
Impact360 seeks an Academic Coordinator. The Academic Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and administering a comprehensive program of academic support, enrichment, and counsel for the I360 high school students and will also assist with I360 middle school practices. The Coordinator will work closely with teachers and families to monitor and facilitate academic growth and development in all I360 students. The Coordinator will work a set schedule Tuesdays-Saturdays during the school year and Mondays-Fridays during the summer with some additional evening and weekend hours throughout the year for tournaments, travel, and special events.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to expand the I360 academic program in the context of a high-energy, team-oriented work environment. This is a dynamic position that requires flexibility and adaptability. The successful candidate will bring a passion for inspiring, mentoring, and guiding urban youth as well as a detailed and creative approach to program planning and administration.
· Plan and administer daily academic sessions with a focus on homework help and academic enrichment (Project Based Learning).
· Successfully recruit, coordinate and incorporate daily volunteer tutor help.
· Communicate with principals, teachers, and families about issues related to student learning and development.
· Organize and help administer service learning curriculum and local educational field trips (e.g. museums, cultural outings, etc).
· Implement and oversee summer academic programming; coordinate external summer academic opportunities.
· Participate in team events and trips.
· Assist with transportation to and from practice.
· Work closely with fellow I360 staff members to provide comprehensive programming.
· Collaborate on seasonal recruitment of new students
Professional and Personal Qualifications:
· 2+ years of experience working with urban youth in an academic setting
· Experience in daily lesson planning and classroom management
· Outstanding speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills; adaptability, creativity, and initiative-taking
· Detail-oriented and self-directed
· Strong commitment to relationship building
· Ability to communicate with students and their families in both English and Spanish
Comprehensive benefits package and generous paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only written applications via email can be accepted:
Please fill out the subject line with: ‘High School Academic Coordinator’ followed by your name.
Include a cover letter and resume.
Email to email@example.com
All applications must be received by May 9th, 2018.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Impact360 is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Impact360 students at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJugRytpP1k
Or at www.impact-360.org