Two Harris St.
The Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center, Inc. seeks a highly motivated and high performing Grants Specialist. This is a great opportunity for a committed team player to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment. The Center is a nationally recognized leader in the effort to end domestic violence and provide care for survivors. For over 35 years, the Center has been providing advocacy and support services to families and the communities within the Greater Newburyport area. We also provide technical assistance to prevent domestic violence homicides on a national level.
The Grants Specialist is responsible for administering government grant awards and cooperative agreements. The Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center is currently funded by the Department of Justice’s Office on Violence Against Women, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Office of Victim Assistance. Position requires 32 hours minimum
- Manages all government grant contracts, including: work closely with Finance Department to create invoices, track grant receivables and expenditures; work closely with program managers to track grant deliverables and outcomes; ensure that all grants are on target based on timelines and funder expectations; and submit grant revisions and/or adjustments to grant funders in a timely manner.
- Work closely with program managers to develop grant budgets that meet the requirements of each funding opportunity and prepare spending projections and budget modifications.
- Manage the Federal reporting process required and assure that the appropriate reports are submitted and approved to ensure compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, policies, procedures, and guidelines necessary to comply with federal, state, and industry regulations concerning grants and contracts.
- Facilitate award management and provide training to staff on governmental policies and procedures for fiscal management of grants and contracts.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of budgets and reports to foundation funders.
- Other duties as required by their supervisor.
Minimum Education Required