The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The New York City Department of Health’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Office is charged with investigating complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment, training, and processing employee requests for reasonable accommodations.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Office (EEO) processes a high volume of confidential information. It is important to have related records updated and maintained in an accurate and efficient manner. The person hired for this position will assist the EEO with data entry, records maintenance, and related clerical duties.
· Input data relating to reasonable accommodations requests and discrimination and sexual harassment complaints on to the City’s Complaint and Accommodation Database (CAD)
· Ensure information received from EEO staff is entered into the CAD accurately
· Maintain document filing system in accordance with supervisor’s instructions
· Maintian confidentialty of records and information
· Additional ad hoc clerical duties as needed
· Keyboard familiarity with the ability to type a minimum of 100 keystrokes (20 words) per minute
· Data collection experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
· A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization
· One (1) year of satisfactory clerical experience
· Experience working with confidential records and information
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Detail oriented.
This is an hourly paid temporary position. The term of this position is expected to run thru June 30, 2022. ($25 per hour, 35 hours per week). Selected candidate is eligible for benefits via staffing agency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The hired candidate must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…