Details: Low to mid $30,000s
4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
District of Columbia
POSITION: Revenue Operations Specialist
REPORTS TO: Controller
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
Responsible for managing the system data to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the donor database and proper revenue recognition according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Update and maintain the donor database attributes – Data Dictionary. The data dictionary is the essential guide for the reporting function of the database.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for guidance on data entry. Update the Donor Gift Form, which is to be used by Development when submitting funds for deposit.
- Data entry of contributions, pledges, and grants data with the proper codes to allow for proper tracking. Daily deposits are required to be posted in the system within three business days from the date of deposit. Ensure that scanned copies of the deposits are emailed to the Development Operations Specialist.
- Reconcile database information on a monthly basis with the General Ledger Accountant to verify that all donor revenue has been properly recorded. Discrepancies are to be cleared on a monthly basis. Verify the entries in the INTACCT revenue accounts.
- Update contact and payment information, which is essential for credit card donors. Monitor credit card donors on a weekly basis to follow-up on expired information with the Development Operations Specialist.
- Conduct monthly review of the various donor types to verify that all active donors are being properly tracked in the system. Coordinate with the Development Operations Specialist that all donors are properly account for in the system.
- Coordinate a monthly reconciliation process with the Corporate and Foundations Officer to verify all corporate and foundation grant revenue on a monthly basis. Verify the supporting documentation for all grants and document the reconciliation process. Review and update the grant attribute list based on discussions with the Corporate and Foundations Officer.
- Create a monthly standard reports list providing instructions and report features. Update as necessary.
- -----Donor Trend Analysis
- -----Outstanding Pledges
- -----Corporate and Foundation Grants
- Prepare various reports for the annual audit – Revenue Recognition with the proper supporting documentation.
- Record bi-monthly employee payroll contributions. Coordinate with the HR Specialist to ensure that receipt of the Payroll Contribution report.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Opportunity to take on other duties within the Finance Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is preferred
- Database development and maintenance is a plus
- Two or more years’ experience in database development and maintenance; experience in non-profit accounting is preferred
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision on short and long term tasks
- Driven to find ways to make systems and processes more effective and efficient
- High proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Proactive and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; creative problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A team player that is able to explain financial concepts in an effective manner to others at various levels
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $91.53 per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee-paid short-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a thoughtful cover letter with resume to:
Ebony Squire, Human Resources Specialist
An Equal Opportunity Employer