95 Pine Street
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need an experienced, results driven Associate Director of Advocacy to join our dynamic Advocacy team.
Reporting to the Director of Programming and Strategic Partnerships, the Associate Director of Advocacy will co-create and manage a scalable Advocacy program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Director in creating and managing advocacy program for school communities, families and network staff to meet overall advocacy goals;
- Write training materials and lead interactive workshops, incorporating knowledge of ed reform and current political landscape;
- Manage and train team members to operationalize program elements ensuring best practices incorporated in real time;
- Plan and support mobilizations, including large borough events and smaller events (e.g. press conferences, meetings with elected officials and community members, etc.);
- Develop and execute plans for outreach to and engagement of external partners, school communities, parents and network staff;
- Build effective, high-quality communication assets to ensure message alignment, event and programmatic success; and
- Stay informed of ed reform news in order to best represent Success Academy on advocacy issues.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- 5+ years of experience in positions that involve parent and community engagement or advocacy efforts that have produced meaningful change;
- 3+ years management experience in fast paced environment with experience delegating assignments and motivating team through collaboration and communication;
- General knowledge of political landscape surrounding charter schools in New York State and New York City;
- An exceptionally hard worker and person of high moral character that can successfully manage a team of like-minded individuals;
- An ability to work well under pressure and prioritize projects while keeping track of multiple deadlines and keeping sense of humor;
- Extraordinary attention to detail, yet works efficiently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate advocacy needs to families and staff; and
- A nimble problem solver and skilled project manager, able to deliver first-rate results.
The ideal candidate will also hold an advanced degree in public policy, communications, or a related field. The candidate must be highly organized, and must be a team player who is also able to work independently and drive projects forward. The candidate must be comfortable handling a wide variety of tasks simultaneously, from menial administrative tasks to large-scale substantive projects.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please visit the link above and upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.