Dorothy S O'Brien Center
6522 Fremont Ave N
This full-time position has primary responsibility for leading and growing fundraising and marketing efforts for the organization and supervises the Development Coordinator and a contract Grant Writer.
Job results and Duties:
- Create, implement, and oversee all aspects of Cancer Lifeline’s annual development plan and calendar, including board giving, major gift cultivation and stewardship, individual annual giving, corporate giving and sponsorships, foundation grants and events.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to steward major donors, including coordinating and leading board and volunteer committees.
- Personally cultivate and solicit contributions and support from individuals, businesses, foundations, and community groups. Develop and implement a cultivation and solicitation strategy for each prospect; actively search for and identify new prospects.
- Motivate and lead a results-driven development and communications team, including responsibility for the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of related staff.
- Play a leadership role in integrating marketing strategies with fund development goals, and oversee the planning and implementation of marketing activities in support of those goals. This work includes collaborative oversight of the website, social media, press releases, video, newsletters, and annual report.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director as a member of the senior management team to address issues of cross-department management and strategic planning.
- Manage budgets supporting development and communication efforts; define and manage functions within available resources.
Provides supervision to staff by: Ensuring that development/marketing staff, contractors and volunteers have the training and support they need for the successful performance of their duties. Works with the Executive Director to:
- Recruit, hire, and train
- Provide supervision and performance reviews
Promotes agency team efforts by:
- Working to gain and maintain knowledge of Cancer Lifeline’s mission, vision, classes, programs and services
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with Cancer Lifeline staff, volunteers, donors, community partners and clients
- Meeting on regular basis with Executive Director
- Participating and providing reports at Board of Director, Team Lead and staff meetings
- A passion for Cancer Lifeline’s mission of optimizing the lives of all people living with cancer.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fund development, ideally developing and implementing a comprehensive giving program including major gifts, annual giving campaigns, events, grants and corporate giving.
- Demonstrated track-record of raising funds through major donor relationship building and in-person, face-to-face asks, especially securing or collaboratively securing major gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing diverse individual giving strategies, including implementing successful moves management plans.
- Experience developing and implementing successful communication and marketing strategies.
- Experience leading, inspiring, and supervising staff and volunteers.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- An understanding of the importance of team building, a positive outlook, collaboration, flexibility and sense of humor when it comes to working together and accomplishing goals.
- Knowledge of E-tapestry and/or other donor software.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; additional education and or credentials in development and non-profit management preferred.
Requirements: Must have reliable transportation
Generous benefits including but not limited to: Vacation, nine holidays per year, medical, dental & life insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume via email or snail mail to attention of Joseph Yurgevich.