Heluna Health invites applications for a full-time registered nurse. Bridge HIV is a grant-funded research unit affiliated with the San Francisco Department of Public Health and the University of California San Francisco. Bridge HIV has a 30-year history of leading HIV prevention studies. In this critical moment, the organization is proud to be conducting large clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccines and monoclonal antibodies.
Under the supervision of the Senior Nurse Practitioner/Study Clinician (NP/SC), the registered nurse (RN) will be part of a dynamic team conducting COVID-19 vaccine trials. The RN will provide clinical services for COVID-19 research participants at the 25 Van Ness research clinic site and alternate venues, such as a mobile medical unit and participants’ residences when required. Training and personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect the safety of staff and participants will be provided. The RN will perform regular review and follow-up of laboratory results in conjunction with NP/SC, and conduct quality control activities on COVID-19 study documentation. The RN will assist with other clinical/administrative tasks to ensure proper conduct of COVID-19 research activities. The RNwill also support HIV prevention trials including HIV vaccine, microbicide, and PrEP studies.
Under the direction of Susan Buchbinder, MD, Bridge HIV has been conducting HIV preventive vaccine studies, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) studies (including oral and injectable medications and microbicides), and other studies of biomedical HIV prevention strategies since the early days of the epidemic. The Bridge HIV Investigators are global leaders in HIV vaccine and prevention science, epidemiology of HIV infection, HIV medication adherence, combination HIV prevention strategies, and HIV research training methods. More recently, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bridge HIV has joined the COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) under the support of the . For more information, please see .
This is a temporary, grant-funded, full time, benefited position. Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
- Offer direct clinical services to COVID-19 trial study participants. This includes conducting medical/behavioral histories and physical exams under the supervision of the investigators and NP/RC; providing study-related education and obtaining written informed consent; and following up on urgent and outstanding adverse events and concomitant medication changes.
- Offer direct clinical services as needed to other Bridge HIV study participants including medical/behavioral histories and physical exams, providing study-related education and obtaining written informed consent; providing HIV/STI risk reduction counseling and testing and medication adherence counseling; following up on urgent and outstanding adverse events and concomitant medication changes as pertaining to the study
- Provide appropriate mental and physical health referrals
- Administer experimental vaccines; maintain accurate product logs (temperature, chain-of-custody)
- Perform phlebotomy and routine point-of-care tests.
- Collect specimens for SARS-CoV-2 testing.
- Obtain necessary sign off on adverse events (AEs) from covering MD investigator. Fulfill internal and external reporting requirements for adverse and serious adverse events
- Maintain up-to-date professional certification. Ensure continuing education credit requirements are up-to-date
- Maintain valid CPR certification (BLS-HCP)
- Review laboratory results from COVID-19 and other studies in a timely manner; develop a follow-up plan for abnormal findings in concert with site investigators and NP/RC
- Perform quality control activities to ensure accuracy in the recording, transmission, and follow-up of data
- Perform additional administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor, including assisting with development and refinement of standard operating procedures, preparing quarterly and annual reports, developing source documents and tracking systems, and other study related items
The Registered nurse must be able to:
- Provide clinical services for COVID-19 and other research study participants
- Review and follow-up on laboratory results
- Conduct quality control activities on study documentation
- Contribute actively to a cohesive team environment
- Foster innovation, open, clear communication and collaboration that promotes excellence
- Participate in Bridge HIV meetings as required
- Attend community engagement and recruitment events as needed
- Participate in Bridge HIV racial equity projects and transgender health equity initiatives
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours
- Possession of a valid California RN license
- Experience and cultural competency working with racially, ethnically, and sexually diverse populations
- Experience conducting research studies
- Spanish language proficiency highly desired
Handling / Fingering: Occasionally
Reach Outward: Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder: Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend: Occasionally
Lift / Carry: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell: Not Applicable
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
- The employee is subject to blood borne pathogen hazards
- Evening and weekend hours may be required
- General Shared Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
- Mobile Medical Unit, Medical Pods,Home Study Visits, Skilled nursing facilities, and hospital visits may be required
Heluna Health invites applications for a full-time registered nurse. Bridge HIV is a grant-funded research unit affiliated with the San Francisco Department of Public Health and the University of California San Francisco…
Spanish language proficiency highly desired
Spanish language proficiency highly desired
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered. To apply, visit: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=8a11849a-1466-44be-bfc8-70948959555c
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered. To apply, visit: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7…