District of Columbia
Allied Progress (AlliedProgress.org), a project of the New Venture Fund, seeks a Research Associate to support its work standing up for consumers and holding Wall Street special interests and their allies in Congress and the White House accountable.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. though research projects may include travel on occasion. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Allied Progress values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Conducting news, internet and database research, as well as collecting and reviewing public records, on issues of importance to the organization.
- Analyzing research findings for relevance to the organization’s campaigns.
- Presenting research in written and verbal form, including writing reports and presenting findings to other staff.
- Tracking legislative activity relevant to the organization’s campaigns.
- Preparing and distributing daily press clips.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least 2 years of experience in advocacy, research and/or government is required. This could include political advocacy, campaign or public policy research, and/or experience on Capitol Hill. Experience working on consumer financial and economic issues strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Smart political judgment and a discerning eye;
- Ability to work quickly and independently and to juggle competing priorities and strict deadlines;
- Proven track record for being a self-starter;
- Attention to detail;
- Passionate about protecting consumers from Wall Street special interests and their allies in Congress and the White House.
New Venture Fund Careers
Allied Progress is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required