250 Meetinghouse Road
Our Mission: The Quaker School at Horsham uses research-based programs provided by compassionate professionals to enable each student with complex challenges to blossom and achieve meaningful personal, social and academic success.
Position Description: The CFO of this small school assumes managerial responsibility for the financial operations of The Quaker School at Horsham and oversees the plant. S/he is responsible for safeguarding the assets of TQS and ensuring that all financial and operations functions meet the needs of the School and its constituencies. Reports to the Head of School.
● Directs and performs duties and tasks, as needed, associated with all aspects of finance, including: financial accounting and controls; budgeting; analysis and reporting; insurance; negotiation and financial management of contracts; and general administration.
● Collaborates with the Head of School and division administrators to ensure that programs remain on budget and are scaled to financial means.
● Serves as the financial and administrative advisor to the Head of School and provides appropriate access to the School's financial information to the Board of Trustees through the Head of School and the Chair of the Finance Committee.
This position requires a hands-on financial professional who is prepared to grapple with and resolve issues in real time as needed.
● Accounts for funds entrusted to TQS; maintains current, accurate financial records of operations and the financial position of the school.
● Provides all financial information necessary for current operations, assessments and future planning. Analyzes the costs of all school departments.
● Expertise in data analysis and informed decision making.
● Prepares, implements and manages annual operating and capital budgets.
● Manages cash effectively; maintains an internal control structure.
● Ensures accounts payable, tuition receivables, banking, payroll & benefit programs, personnel records, human resources and facilities are all properly supported.
● Serves on the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees and works closely with that group on fiscal management, financial analysis, short and long term projections, major expenditures, and financial planning.
● Reports and meets with the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
● Evaluates applications for financial aid using SSS and makes recommendations to the Director of Admissions.
● Negotiates school health benefit programs, outsourced facilities contracts, long term equipment rentals, utilities providers and construction agreements.
Campus Safety and Plant Management
● Assumes leadership, with others, in campus safety and risk management efforts.
● Assumes oversight responsibilities for plant management with the Property Committee
● Coordinates with the Director of Facilities any repairs, additions and improvements to the physical plant; oversees all building projects, work of architects, contractors and planners in conjunction with the Property Committee of the Board of Trustees.
● Serves on the Property Committee of the Board of Trustees.
● Develops the capital budget in coordination with the Head and the Board.
● Connects with students and participates in the life of the community through a number of ways that may occur during the school year and summertime operations.
● Supports the Director of Summer Programs with rentals, summer camps, summer programs, budgets etc.
● Serves on the School’s Leadership Team, and any other committees as determined by the Head.
● Fosters professional standards and development by participating in local and national organizations such as NBOA, PAISBOA, ADVIS, and NAIS.
● Prepares and submits statistical information for annual surveys conducted by PAISBOA and NAIS.
● Manages several daily operations of the School fostering good business practices throughout.
● Collaborates with the Development Director on EITC/OSTC funding and other funding sources.
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
● At least five years of proven managerial, problem-solving and planning capability.
● Significant experience in responsibly managing financial, administrative and day-to-day business operations.
● Passion for continuous process improvement, accuracy and detail.
● Ability to interpret and explain complex issues and their financial/operational implications.
● Strong, hands-on experience in financial management including analysis and reporting, budgeting, asset management, audit compliance, federal and state tax regulations and reporting procedures.
● Ability to strategize and develop mechanisms to manage expenses.
● Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, staff, faculty and others.
● Must be highly analytical and able to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner.
● Detail oriented and organized.
● Ability to employ flexibility and creativity in the execution of duties.
● Must be able to work under pressure.
● Collaborative leadership style: must be a team player, with a positive attitude, exemplifying The Quaker School at Horsham’s Core Values and Mission.
● MBA preferred
● Executive managerial experience in the nonprofit sector
● Prior experience as a Chief Financial Officer or equivalent
● An understanding and knowledge of environmentally-friendly business practices (a proven track record of this is a plus)
● Presentation skills
This is a Full-Time, exempt position.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Quaker School at Horsham (TQS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap/disability, citizenship, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law in its programs, activities or employment practices
The benefits package is excellent and includes medical, vision and dental insurance, professional development opportunities and a retirement plan. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation and sick days with flexible scheduling and family-friendly atmosphere.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send letter of interest, current resume, and three references (in MS Word format or PDF as attachments) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org