201 Centre Plaza Drive
Reporting to the Special Events Manager, the Events Coordinator supports event fundraising operations for the Development team. This individual will be a detail orientated, self-directed professional, committed to playing a key role in the fundraising activities at CASA/LA, responsible for a wide range of fundraising activities. They will display a flexible approach with the ability to move from project to project. Key activities include but are not limited to supporting the annual gala, managing preparations for special events, marketing and communications-related activities that support events, managing DonorPerfect database, and preparing donor communication.
From Monday – Friday, the Development Associate will work out of the Monterey Park office at Edmund D. Edelman Children’s Court, 201 Centre Plaza Drive, Suite 1100, Monterey Park, CA 91754. Flexible work schedule possible. Work is performed indoors in an office setting. Some weekend and evening work is required throughout the year as needed and at major events.
Duties and responsibilities
· Support planning and executing of all events and manage third party events.
· Enter donations into Donor Perfect database and create donor thank you letters.
· Work with Individual Giving Manager to support donor relationships and donor data.
· Create and maintain all gala related lists in support of the annual gala.
· Collecting and maintaining information on event supporters and sponsors and prepare standardized and custom reports using the system Donor Perfect.
· Assist in updating event information social media pages and the CASA of LA website.
· Support Special Events Manager as needed.
· Facilitate special event registration and execution, pre and post.
· Assist with sponsor/auction letters, vendor invoicing and coordinate save-the-date and invitation.
· Assist with event prospect lists, track event RSVPs, auction donations and manage/send “thank you” letters.
· Assist with event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting post event results.
· Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters as needed.
· Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc. as needed.
· Prepare and send fundraising emails to targeted mail lists.
· Prepare donor communications and requests for information and other correspondence.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least one year of professional work experience in a development department
· Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), other design software, and donor management software.
· Ability to thrive and work effectively independently and as a part of a team.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to build rapport with donors with diplomacy.
· Experience or interest in a career in fund development or non-profit organizations essential.
· Ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings, and weekend days.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Past experience working with a sales team or fundraising team on events.
· Knowledge of fundraising databases; Donor Perfect experience preferred.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with and develop relationships with a wide range of individuals. A high level of comfort in reaching out to colleagues and prospects alike to establish contact and develop relationships.
· Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills with a high level understanding of social media.
· Commitment to and ability to understand and articulate the mission, programs and activities of CASA/LA.
· Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Constant Contact and mail merges; email and web searches.
· Some evening and weekend work will be required to successfully meet the job responsibilities.
· Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Cafeteria plan offers variety of benefit options
- Employer-paid life/LTD coverage
- Four weeks of PTO annually
- 13 paid holidays
- 403b with employer match (as of 1/1/19)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the selected candidates will be required to submit to a full LiveScan and background check.