307 Waverley Oaks Road
Springwell is seeking an experienced coordinator to manage and grow a volunteer-based program that helps seniors organize their finances and pay their bills.
Our Money Management volunteers visit clients monthly to help them balance their checkbook, pay bills, and stay within a budget. The program supports clients in their goal to remain in the community and maintain independence for as long as possible.
The Program Coordinator provides supervision and overall support for the volunteers, while also bringing on new volunteers and clients to grow the program. Monitoring client accounts, conducting outreach with community partners and working collaboratively with other Springwell departments are all part of the Coordinator role.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Prior experience working with volunteers in a supervisory role.
- Experience working with older adults and/or adults with disabilities preferred.
- An easy-going approach and an ability to "go with the flow"
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Familiarity with the aging services network is a plus.
- A reliable car, current driver's license and safe driving record required.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4-day work week option for many positions
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Natick, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wayland, Boston, Westwood, Accounting, Accuracy, Analysis, Audits, Billing, Financial, Payroll, Reports, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Money Management, Volunteer, Elder, Geriatric Care, Human Services, Non-Profit
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.