Details: 20 Per Hour
40 Wall Street
Duration of the role September 1, 2018 - June 28, 2019
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Girl Scouts of Greater New York is accepting applications for an Outreach Program Facilitator. The role of the facilitator is to implement Programs across the five boroughs of NYC. You will facilitate Girl Scout programs for girls at local sites including after-school settings & youth community based organizations in specific areas in the five boroughs of NYC.
•Directly implement and support the GSGNY programming to girls within the 5 boroughs.
•Work as a team with other facilitators to ensure program success.
•Adhere to schedules and curriculum designed for each event.
•Complete event set-up and clean up.
•Commit to programs throughout the 5 boroughs
•Act as a liaison between Manager Series and site manager to ensure all programming needs are met.
•Maintain an open channel of communication with staff to ensure program success.
•Develop relationships with girls, parents, and serving organization to nurture lasting commitments to Girl Scouting.
•Available for required trainings (Dates will be provided at a later date).
•Adhere to schedules and curriculums designed for the event.
•Regular check-ins (in-person and via email) and support with Series Manager.
•Serve as an advocate for the GSGNY program.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Strong interpersonal skills.
•Excellent customer service skills.
•Ability to work efficiently in an environment with distractions and interruptions.
•Ability to take initiative & make decisions with minimal supervision
•Ability to prioritize and adhere to scheduled curriculums
•Ability to be an effective team player.
•Comfort and familiarity working with girls from diverse socio-cultural backgrounds.
•Ability to maintain energy, focus, positive-attitude and enthusiasm until job completion.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Sufficient visual ability to make appropriate judgments with regard to written materials.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force, frequently, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Ability to stand for long periods of time while leading programming
• Other demands, as determined by council.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, and the ability to interact effectively with youth, school administrators, and corporate volunteers.
• Youth Development Experience.
• Experience working with volunteers a plus.
• The ability to optimize the use of technology to support our girls and volunteers.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to design relevant and responsive programs for girls that reflect the values of the Girl Scout mission.
• Must be able to commit to flexible work schedule and travel throughout the five boroughs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities/deadlines, and perform well under pressure.
• Proficiency in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
• Passionate about the work with girls in Kindergarten- 12th grade, and in the impact potential of the Girl Scout movement on girl members.
If selected for this role, you will be required to provide necessary personal information to undergo a background check.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Outreach Program Facilitator” in the subject line of your e-mail. Resumes received without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Girl Scouts of Greater New York is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent or applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent or applicant when possible
Minimum Education Required