Research and Evaluation Executive, Impact and Performance Assessment
- Job posted by UJA-Federation of New York
130 East 59 Street
About the Organization
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For 100 years, we have inspired New Yorkers to act on their values and invest in their community for the biggest impact. Thanks to our network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to deliver real solutions to real problems. Through a single gift, you can care for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and for Jews everywhere; connect people to their Jewish identity, and respond to crises around the world.
The Research and Evaluation Executive will be a key member of the Impact and Performance Assessment team. S/he will work closely with members of the Jewish Communal Network Department to design evaluation and assessment models and conduct data analysis. This position is a good fit for someone who has educational and employment background in quantitative data analysis and experience undertaking projects involving collaboration with multiple partners. This is a new position that will increase the capacity of the department.
The Executive will report to the Executive Director of the Impact and Performance Assessment Department. The specific responsibilities include:
- Instructs on assessment design and modeling processes.
- Leads data analysis efforts on both quantitative and, when appropriate, qualitative data.
- Manages datasets, processes collected data, and performs data analysis using statistical software packages (SPSS or Stata).
- Synthesizing the analysis to include institutional and practical knowledge to produce a comprehensive set of specific, tangible, and productive recommendations.
Competencies and Skills:
- Master’s degree in psychology, sociology, economics, applied statistics, or other related social science field, and 2 - 5 years of professional experience required.
- Strong quantitative skills and expertise in at least one major statistical software package (SPSS, Stata, SAS, or R).
- Familiarity with network analysis a big plus.
- A clear and effective writing and communication style.
- Ability to manage work in a fast-paced environment. Thrives on multiple ongoing projects – both short- and long-term.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the mission and goals of UJA-Federation.
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations including Jewish organizations within New York City a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF