The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified consultant for SQL DBA role. This DBA position will primarily focus on operational aspects of critical Microsoft SQL Server systems to ensure the high availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will join a team of DBAs responsible for administering SQL Server in multiple Production and non-Production environments. These environments include a range of database technologies so familiarity with platforms other than SQL Server is welcome.
· The consultant will work with DOHMH staff to properly capture issues and assist with resolution. The consultant will ensure proper follow-up occurs and that all issues are resolved within an estimated timeframe. In addition, the consultant will:
1. Process COVID-19 related data requests following applicable procedures and document changes in an electronic repository.
2. Administers SQL Server in all environments, Dev through Production + Corporate/BackOffice
3. Monitors SQL Server to ensure platform health and uptime
4. Deployment of database changes in support of application delivery objectives
5. Installs and configures SQL database setups
6. Deals with performance issues including index management and tuning SQL queries
7. Troubleshoot SQL Server production issues or service outages real-time, anytime
8. Manages SQL Cluster, Replication & Mirroring processes
9. Manages SQL security, patching, upgrades and user accounts
10. Performs backup and restore functions
11. Maintain all relevant company documentation
12. Performs other duties as assigned
· Minimum of five years DBA work experience in high security, high volume, 24x7x365 environments
· Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2014 and later - AlwaysOn, replication, failover clustering, log shipping, mirroring, SSRS, SSIS, Stored Procedures and other related SQL technologies
· Practical experience with data warehousing, TDE and SQL performance tuning.
· Experience with ground-up build and SQL upgrade processes
· Involvement in project collaboration with Developers, QA and Architecture teams
Additional valued Skills:
· Familiarity with MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL
· Experience with administration in cloud environments, including AWS, GCP, Azure
· Working knowledge of PII
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…