One Appleton Street
NPEA Overview: Launched in 2007 at The Steppingstone Foundation, NPEA is a membership association that connects the people, practices, and innovations essential for eliminating barriers to educational access and college and career success for underserved students.
The Member Services Associate will provide vital administrative and programmatic support to assist with the ongoing growth and effectiveness of the National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA).
- Collaborate with NPEA Executive and Associate Directors to manage processes that ensure NPEA growth and sustainability
- Provide high-quality customer service to members through outstanding written and verbal communication and effective utilization of technology and social media
- Manage all membership applications, renewals, and payment processes; assist with member outreach, recruitment, and retention
- Provide support in implementation of member benefits and services, including monthly webinar series, monthly and quarterly member communications, and member information requests
- Produce monthly membership and member benefits reports and other tracking as needed in order to understand needs, including usage of benefits and ongoing member satisfaction
- Provide administrative support and assistance in all areas of the annual conference to ensure a successful, high quality event that meets the needs of members (2019 conference is April 3-5, 2019 in Chicago, IL; travel is required to annual conference)
- Maintain WordPress website and online membership system
- Provide support and assistance in all areas of regional and local events
- Provide support in implementation of priorities, including membership retention plan, data indicators project, NPEA Advisory Board and other committees, and other strategic activities
Knowledge and Skills: Strong candidates for this position will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Strong customer-service orientation and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation
- Effective project management and organizational skills, combined with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and comfort with technology and social media
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey, Excel, WordPress a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to educational equity and college access and success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two years of work experience required
- HEALTH AND DENTAL COVERAGE
- LIFE, SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
- RETIREMENT PLAN
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS- HEALTH AND DEPENDENT CARE
- PRE-TAX TRANSPORTATION PLAN
- GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF (15 DAYS PERSONAL TIME OFF (PTO), 5 SICK DAYS, PLUS TWO WEEKS OF PAID OFFICE CLOSURE)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you learned about this position, to Karin Elliott, NPEA Executive Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “NPEA Member Services Associate” in the subject line of your email. For more information about NPEA, please visit www.educational-access.org. For more information about The Steppingstone Foundation please visit www.tsf.org.
The Steppingstone Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap, as defined by law.