Details: Competitive, based on experience
1111 N. Wells St. Suite 307
Accounting & Operations Officer
Terms: Full-time employment with competitive benefits
RefuSHE, Inc. (RefuSHE.org), is an international nonprofit organization with headquarters in Chicago, IL and operations based in Nairobi, Kenya. RefuSHE is dedicated to protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee children and youth, especially young girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs.
Over the past ten years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and thought-leader in refugee issues. Today, RefuSHE is poised for growth and scale. We are looking for someone who has a passion for social change, wants to use their talent for good, and thrives in fast-pace growth environments.
RefuSHE is seeking a detail-oriented, culturally sensitive, and dynamic individual to support finance and operations functions across our offices in the US and Kenya. We are looking for a forward-thinking professional with demonstrated financial and operational experience who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work in a nimble multi-cultural environment.
The Account and Operations Officer will support our U.S. Director of Finance & Operations in various accounting, finance and business operations-related responsibilities within the organization. The Officer will also provide assistance to our Grants Management and Business Development teams to support the development of financial reports and proposals.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a non-profit organization or similar experience, superb attention to detail and organizational skills, critical thinking skills, and a tenacity to ensure work product is correct and accomplished in a timely fashion.
RefuSHE is poised for growth, as such we are looking for a candidate with the drive and tenacity to build out this position to grow with the organization.
The primary responsibilities of the Accounting & Operations Officer include, but are not limited to:
· Monthly Financial Reconciliation (30%)
o Track revenue and expenditures
o Reconcile transactions with bank statements per chart of accounts
o Assemble, compile and upload supporting documentation
o Assist in month-end closing process
· Revenue and Expense Processing (30%)
o Ensure donations are properly recorded into Salesforce
o Ensure all Artisan sales are properly deposited and recorded
o Process reimbursements to staff, volunteers, and U.S. Executive Board members
o Process payments to vendors and external contractors
o Provide periodic reports and updates to development team on revenue
· Operations Support (25%)
o Point of contact for Salesforce in Finance & Operations department
o Provide administrative support for general office operations including:
o Order supplies
o Assist with U.S. Artisans inventory management
o Office IT technical support
o Draft and update policies and procedures
o Oversee OneDrive file maintenance and organization
o Schedule meetings for Director of Finance & Operations, answer organization phone, receive visitors
o Assist staff on a variety of special projects
· Grants Management Support (10%)
o Support Grants Management team by providing accurate financial reporting and budgets for reports and proposals
o Work with the finance and M&E teams in Kenya to accurately collate financials for reports and proposals
· Other duties as assigned (5%)
● Commitment to the mission and vision of RefuSHE
● 2-5+ years of experience managing financial processes
● 2-5+ years of experience coordinating or manage operations
● BA/BS or higher in finance, accounting, business or similar degree/experience
● Highly organized and proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously and on schedule
● Working knowledge of MS Office Products with high working knowledge of excel
● Working knowledge of Quickbooks
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills
● Ability to skillfully navigate cross-cultural dynamics
● Prior experience working at a nonprofit or dynamic for-profit
● Working with a global nonprofit a strong plus
● Working knowledge of Salesforce and web and sales analytics
● Experience development operational procedures, processes, and policies
● Experience with nonprofit grant reporting and requirements a plus
● Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, start-up, multi-cultural, flexible, and team-oriented environment
● Passion for creating positive social impact – interest in refugee, women, and/or girls issues a plus
The benefits package offers medical and dental healthcare coverage, and an employer-matched retirement plan which vests after one year of employment. Professional development opportunities are available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume or CV, and cover letter to mostrega@RefuSHE.org with subject line “Accounting & Finance Officer – FIRST+LAST Name”
Applications accepted until September 21st, 2018
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
No calls, please.