- Do you believe work environments that foster inclusion and authenticity support all staff to thrive in their roles and maximize their impact on students?
- Do you want to help create a more just and kind world?
- Do you believe that diversity is a powerful strength for a school community?
Passionate about attracting, recruiting, and selecting diverse and highly-qualified teachers and staff committed to enhancing student achievement as a matter of social justice. Others gravitate to your welcoming, approachable style. You are innately curious and genuinely enjoy meeting new people. You thrive on making others feel comfortable, included, and valued. Your responsiveness, attention to detail, and customer-driven approach stand out amongst your peers. You embrace opportunities to innovate and improve in order to advance the achievement of your workplace goals. You assume the best in others and are committed to individual and team success.
We are E.L. Haynes.
A learning community where every student – of every race, socioeconomic status, home language, and ability – prepares to thrive in college, career, and life. Together, we create a more just and kind world.
Founded in 2004 and named for the first African-American woman to earn her Ph.D. in Mathematics, the award-winning E.L. Haynes Public Charter School serves more than 1,135 students in grades Pre-K3 through 12th grade. E.L. Haynes operates two campuses in the Petworth neighborhood of Northwest Washington, DC, and offers a rigorous educational program designed to prepare students to succeed in the college of their choice.
We believe that our most significant contribution to ending systemic injustice is through purposefully empowering our diverse community— as individuals and as a collective— with the skills and the conviction to be effective leaders for equity.
Our mission of student success is inextricably linked with our commitment to equity and the daily efforts of every member of our community to live our motto-Be Kind, Work Hard, and Get Smart.
- Lead For Equity: We challenge ourselves and each other to interrupt inequities and build equitable alternatives.
- Choose Joy: We find, bring, and share joy in our work every day. We practice gratitude, celebrate wins, and offer praise.
- Achieve Excellence: We deliver high-quality work every day. We set ambitious goals, embrace challenges, and hold ourselves and each other to high standards.
- Own Our Learning: We model a growth mindset for our students. We own our actions, mistakes, and learning. We continually look for ways to improve and produce high-quality work.
- Succeed Together: We value every member of our community and treat each other with kindness and care. We build meaningful relationships with students, families, and each other. We achieve more through collaboration and teamwork.
We are different. We are:
- A diverse and inclusive community, with nearly 70% of our staff identifying as people of color.
- The hub of the neighborhood. We are a community school and partner with neighborhood organizations to provide our families with comprehensive medical, dental, and mental health services.
- A place where all community members have their voices heard in the decision-making process.
- A school where students learn in a rigorous and coherent PK-12 environment.
- Lead instructional and non-instructional recruitment effort, including creating and posting job descriptions and representing E.L. Haynes at recruitment events
- Manage candidate cultivation plan
- Assist in developing the annual organizational recruitment and hiring strategy.
- Cultivate and coordinate relationships with external recruitment partners, including Teach For America, Capital Teaching Residency, Urban Teachers, and university partners
- Plan and lead execution of internal and external recruitment initiatives, including an internal referral program
- Source prospective candidates through referrals, LinkedIn research
- Ensure exceptional candidate experience from application to offer
- Manage and track candidate application process using online Applicant Tracking System (TalentEd) and spreadsheets (as appropriate)
- Screen candidate applications and two-way virtual interviews
- Schedule, coordinate, and host candidate interviews and assist hiring managers with finalist selection
Support Excellent Employee Experience
- Work with the Director of Talent to create orientation and onboarding plans that provide a welcoming environment, a solid training foundation, and support employee retention
- Craft and track new hire communications to ensure new hires are set up for day one of orientation to include welcome emails, onboarding emails, and check-in
- Steward experience for newly hired staff by coordinating communication and logistics with HR, technology, operations, managers, and others to ensure a strong start
- Coordinate with HR and Talent Team members to support ongoing and accurate compliance, data tracking, data reporting, and HR system management
- Assist Director of Talent in the execution of team building and wellness initiatives
Maintain Employee Information
- Ensure continuous accuracy of staff lists including demographic and role-specific data
- Respond to data requests for compliance and internal purposes as needed
- Prior experience teaching in a PreK-12th grade setting
- 1-3 years of experience in an office environment
- Commitment to the E.L. Haynes mission and core values
- Experience working independently toward goals, communicating effectively with colleagues, and engaging in 360-degree feedback processes
- Meticulous organization and time management
- Track record for developing positive, empathetic, and productive relationships with colleagues and customers punctuated by grace, competence, and warmth
You might also have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Oral and/or written proficiency in Spanish
- Experience using an online Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
We look forward to meeting you!
We proactively recruit, intentionally develop, and deeply value all members of our diverse and highly talented staff community. Our work environment fosters inclusion and authenticity, supporting all staff to thrive in their roles and maximize their impact on our students.
Our hiring process consists of an online application, asynchronous and panel interviews, and written performance activity. Please see more here. We offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. Learn more about our comprehensive benefits package here. Candidates are encouraged to apply by March 8, 2021 for best consideration.
Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.