Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
1401 North University Drive
FLORIDA’S CHILDREN FIRST (FCF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the rights of children and youth in foster and state care. Uniquely positioned as Florida’s premiere independent advocacy organization, our mission is to seek full representation of children and youth and obtain meaningful and sustainable improvement in Florida’s child serving systems. Learn more about us at www.floridaschildrenfirst.org
Position Description – Development Coordinator:
FCF is seeking a development professional with the experience necessary to help us grow our fundraising efforts. We have been in existence for sixteen years and have had great success raising funds primarily through events, sponsorships and grants. We are now interested creating new, innovative ways to raise funds and increase donors, especially a new generation of supporters. Because we are looking to incorporate new methods of reaching donors, the candidate must have the background/experience to help us evaluate our current strategy and the creativity/enthusiasm to help us build on that. FCF is a one-person development office so the candidate must be willing to work on high level strategy development with the Executive Director and must also be willing and able to manage most of his/her own administrative needs. We have an active state-wide board that is engaged in fundraising – and the candidate will also be working with each board member to help them increase their fundraising effectiveness.
Reports To: Florida’s Children First Executive Director
Develop the strategy and set the objectives for FCF’s fundraising efforts while ensuring that the strategy supports the overall organizational objectives
· Event Planning
o Plan new, exciting events
o Contract with venues, plan menus
o Coordinate logistics, technology, volunteers, guest lists, name tags, invitations, flyers
o Follow-up thank you’s, tax letters
o Evaluation of events for future planning
o Create fundraising and event materials
o Organize and recruit host committees for events
o Keep detailed records of events – donors – contacts
· Grant Support
o Search for grant opportunities
o Participate in researching, writing, and tracking grant deadlines and success
· Lead the organization’s efforts in developing major donor cultivation and retention
· Seek opportunities for corporate support/sponsorship and manage those relationships
· Along with the Executive Director, coordinate efforts with Fund Development Committee of the Board of Directors and support board members’ fundraising efforts
· Coordinate and secure locations for our statewide Trainings and other meetings
· Build relationships with current donors and recruit new donors
· Develop new innovative ways to meet organizational fundraising goals
· Create, implement, and manage a donor communications strategy.
· Create marketing materials to motivate donors
· Participate in managing our website to assure that it meets our fundraising/donor needs.
· Contribute to FCF social media platforms
· Schedule and compile materials for Board Meetings.
· Handle email, phone and other inquiries as necessary.
· Manage volunteers
- Passion and enthusiasm for FCF’s mission, values, and approach.
· College degree preferred
· Extensive experience in event planning required
· Experience with major donor relations and fund development strategy required
· A record of success in raising funds through some or all of the following: events, major gifts from individuals, annual giving campaigns, innovative partnerships, businesses, foundations, grants, and the public sector
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Detail orientation, with an ability to operate in a highly organized fashion
· Discipline and a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on with limited resources in executing a variety of development and advancement activities
· Must be willing to travel statewide to attend events/meetings at least 2-5 days a month.
· Excellence in networking and building relationships
· Grant writing experience a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. FCF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation. Full time position, working in office in Coral Springs
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and COVER LETTER by email
No Telephone Calls Please.
Position is located in Coral Springs, FL
FCF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation. Full time position, working in office in Coral Springs.
Minimum Education Required