Manager of Student Enrichment and Young Alumni Engagement (UNC-CH)
- Job posted by General Alumni Association (UNC)
PO Box 660; Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The Manager of Student Enrichment and Young Alumni Engagement (SEYAE) supports the UNC General Alumni Association’s objectives of providing enrichment opportunities for students and recent graduates through membership, events, programs and activities. This position, under the supervision of the Director of Enrichment Programs, has the primary responsibility to train and lead other (SEYAE) members in this work. The Manager must have an understanding of and practical experience with student development theory and also remain a contributor to a larger programs team that works collectively to provide programs and services for all alumni.
The successful candidate will demonstrate confidence in the ability to lead logistics and event planning for student groups, including mastering various event management systems. The ability to organize and prioritize is essential.
Supervisory and Advisory Responsibilities
- Supervise and support the development and leadership of the Programs Assistant
- In partnership with the Programs Assistant, supervise and train a cadre of student interns
- In partnership with the Programs Assistant, advise and support GAA-sponsored student groups in accordance with the group’s specific needs. Student groups include: Student Alumni Association, Homecoming Committee, Order of the Bell Tower, Clef Hangers, Loreleis, Senior Marshals, Senior Class and Yackety Yack
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the long-range plan for student membership, all student-related activities and young alumni
- Recruit and develop student leaders for all GAA sponsored student leadership positions each renewal period
- Supervise or ensure supervision for all GAA student programs and events - on and off campus
- Provide administrative support and guidance for all GAA student sponsored groups and leaders
- Strategize and support budget development for assigned student membership, student programs and student-class activities. Effectively manage budget adhering to GAA budget guiding principles on a day-to-day basis
- After training with the Manager of Marketing, oversee student social media outlets and work with students to make sure posts are relevant and appropriate; develop marketing collateral and strategies for student activities with the Manager of Marketing. Update the GAA website as needed for assigned events, including building and editing basic Web page elements.
- Work closely with other GAA Programs areas (i.e. Careers, Clubs, Outreach, etc.) to ensure graduating seniors are involved, participating and transitioning as engaged alumni
- As appropriate, increase cooperation and partnership among official GAA-sponsored groups and with the campus community. Coordinate with other campus student groups to improve GAA involvement and collaboration.
- As appropriate, serve as the primary liaison for student groups for campus departments and external organizations.
- Acknowledge and respond to special requests and support requests from student organizations
- Coordinate logistics and ensure supervision at conferences (i.e. CASE ASAP). Facilitate student award process.
- Oversee accurate inventory of all student materials in various student areas and storage rooms.
- Oversee appropriate, timely and accurate updates to GAA calendar management (internal and external). This includes posting all events on the GAA web calendar, University calendar, the GAA’s internal Word/Excel calendar and the internal Student Engagement Master Schedule.
- Plan, collaborate and support the larger Program team’s local outreach efforts as well as special projects as assigned by the Director of Enrichment Programs and/or GAA President
- Participate via attendance and representation as requested on GAA BOD committees
- Upon the invitation of the GAA President, serve as a GAA host on an alumni tour
For additional information on this position and for information on how to apply, please visit: https://alumni.unc.edu/about-the-gaa/employment/
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.