The Foundation for Ethnic Understanding (FFEU) is looking for a dynamic applicant for a new job opening in its New York City office (30 hours per week, from Monday to Thursday).
FFEU is a 501(c)(3) national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting racial harmony and strengthening inter-group relations. FFEU is the international address for Muslim-Jewish relations and the national address for Black-Jewish relations. Learn more about us at www.ffeu.org
The ideal applicant will have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. They should also be a team player and excited for working in the field of inter-ethnic relations.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Administrative Assistant to the Administrator and to the President/Founder of FFEU
- Handling all correspondence: phone calls, letters, and Foundation email account
- Responsible for general administrative duties such as: organizing the office and filing system, coordinating staff meetings, ordering office supplies, payroll, paying bills, etc.
- Update from time to time the website and if needed post contents on Facebook and Twitter
- Special projects and other tasks as they arise
- Help to arrange meeting and travel of senior staff and the President
- The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Administrator
- Manage and maintain President and Staff's calendar
- Ability to take minutes at weekly staff meetings
- General clerical support to senior staff as needed
- Organize and handle the logistics of events such as luncheons, fundraising and benefits
- Follow-up on donors and fundraising initiatives
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce business correspondence, proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, Wordpress
- Must have experience working in a database