Interim Executive Director Position Summary:
The Interim Executive Director will be a 6-12 month position that will be responsible for preparing ACY for a new leader and establishing an optimal opportunity for long-term success by the permanent E.D.; assessing organizational structure, operations, finances, and budget; and setting this pe person up for success. This includes developing and implementing recommendations for securing the organization’s long-term financial stability; managing the day-to-day functions of the organization and ensuring that operations and policy work continue through this interim period; and sustaining the race, equity, and inclusion work that ACY has begun, including recommending internal process reforms needed to complete the process of embedding that work in the procedures, operations, and success of the organization; and making recommendations for continuing the organization’s strategic planning process.
The Interim Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors.
Develop and implement fund development strategies:
• Sustain relationships with Foundation staff and ensure all grant deliverables are met and that applications and reporting are done in a timely and thorough manner. Explore potential new funders and build relationships with or apply to those foundations as opportunities arise.
• Create individual donor outreach plans and materials and manage donor relationships; sustaining existing relationships through the transition. Develop recommendations for expanding individual giving and determine what tools or capacity are needed to expand the individual giving program, as needed and appropriate, including exploring online events when in-person events are not feasible.
• Assess financial structure and strategies, develop new possible targets and strategies for financial stability and growth, and engage with board on fundraising efforts.
Serve as Chief Financial Officer:
• Monitor all expenses and income on an ongoing basis. Prepareg ongoing cashflow analysess and ensure that all expenses are covered.
• Provide rolling budget updates to the Executive and Finance Committees and recommend any financial or structural changes needed to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization.
• Review and approve contracts and authorize major expenses, including signing checks, drafting and executing contracts, and negotiating and authorizing payroll.
• Ensure that any new contracts or consultants align with ACY’s Race, Equity, and Inclusion goals.
• Manage ACY’s staff of seven and maintain staff morale during the transition.
• Work with board and staff to ensure that ACY’s organizational values are honored and to improve collaboration among staff.
• Ensure that staff develop and implement workplans to advance the organization’s mission and are on track to meet their grant and workplan deliverables.
• Recommend major personnel decisions to the board’s Executive Committee for its approval and keep Executive Committee apprised of significant issues concerning staff.
Support the Board of Directors:
• Support the Board of Directors in executing its duty, including preparing for and staffing board meetings and committee meetings and maintaining regular communications with board members.
• Assist with the search for the permanent Executive Director. Assist Board, staff, and the new Executive Director in the transition after that person is hired.
• Recommend ways to strengthen board and better integrate its work with staff.
Strategic Planning, Race Equity, and Program:
· Make recommendations, as part of the leadership transition to the permanent Executive Director, to ensure that board and staff are ready to continue conversations around long-term vision, including completion of strategic planning and Race Equity implementation.
· Review the current organizational structure and make recommendations to the board to ensure that staff roles are optimized for impact.
· Make final decisions on organizational positions and priorities and, when necessary and appropriate, serve as spokesperson for the organization.
Robust, documented experience with the following:
1. Budgeting, financial management, and raising funds.
2. Direct work with a non-profit board of directors.
3. Managing staff and building a team culture.
4. Implementing Race, Equity, and Inclusion reforms both within an organization’s internal processes and in its external-facing work.
Experience with one or more of the following is preferred:
1. Non-profit reorganization or similarly experience with organizations in transition.
2. Policies, programs, and/or services affecting children/social welfare/poverty/civil rights policies or related areas.
3. Prior service as an interim executive director of a non-profit organization.
Interim Executive Director Position Summary:
The Interim Executive Director will be a 6-12 month position that will be responsible for preparing ACY for a new leader and establishing an optimal opportunity for long-term success by the…
Competitive salary based on experience. This position will be 20-30 hours salaried as a consultant. The Interim Executive Director is not expected or encouraged to apply for the permanent Executive Director Position but is not prohibited from doing so. The ideal candidate could start in late June.
Those interested should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Please include “Interim Executive Director” in the subject line. No telephone calls please.
Advocates for Children and Youth is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Competitive salary based on experience. This position will be 20-30 hours salaried as a consultant. The Interim Executive Director is not expected or encouraged to apply for the…