1020 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Basic Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to and working closely with the Senior Director of Operations and the organization’s finance team, the Finance Associate is responsible for various finance department functions to include processing and reconciling cash receipts, facilitating payment of invoices, maintaining vendor and contract files, assisting in collection of membership support fees, and preparing for the annual independent audit.
The Finance Associate will:
- Provide support for cash receipts processing, including checks, online donations and event registrations; deposit checks, code revenue, store and file physical checks.
- Provide support for the accounts payable process; review accounts payable invoices and staff expense reimbursements, ensure appropriate approvals are obtained, provide coding for G&A expenses, facilitate payment of invoices through our Bill.com accounting software.
- Serve as backup to the Senior Finance Associate in the oversight of monthly corporate credit card account transactions including tracking transaction receipts, coding expenses, ensuring expenses are approved in our Tallie.com credit card reporting database.
- Maintain vendor files in office, communicate with vendors to resolve outstanding payments and clarify any issues/concerns, as needed
- Assist in the month end close process by compiling bank statements, A/R and A/P logs and check images
- Assist in the year end close by ensuring completeness of all A/P and A/R records for the fiscal year, organize and make available for the auditors the A/P and A/R files, bank statements and credit card statements
- Establish, maintain and update document filing systems
- Provide support for the membership support fees process; collect support fees forms, update report logs, transmit customized invoices, follow up on payments, send late payment notifications, staff the support fees email box, communicate with local associations regarding questions and outstanding payments, provide monthly status report to Senior Leadership and Member Services Directors
- Provide support for the annual audit process. Coordinate with the accounting firm and team members to address requests for information/documentation and any questions from the auditors
- Assist in the preparation of regular financial reports
- Serve as back up for the Administrative Assistant, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience providing finance support in a professional office setting.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Sage Intacct, Bill.com, preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with SharePoint and Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work collegially in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change as necessary.
- Experience with online, virtual meeting room and teleconference platforms.
The selected candidate must be passionate about the mission and vision of YWCA. S/he must have a track record of success and capacity to provide administrative support in a fast-paced environment. The selected candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and a desire to consistently problem solve for herself and other team members.
The successful candidate will bring strong organizational skills and initiative, and will have the ability to multi-task while keeping track of detailed information. S/he will have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
S/he must have the ability to identify and set priorities while building and managing a wide variety of relationships and stakeholders. The candidate must be an intelligent, persuasive, hardworking ambassador for YWCA.
To apply: Please email with "Finance Associate" as the subject line to email@example.com.
YWCA USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or disabled veterans' status.
Minimum Education Required