Description: The Administrative Assistant supports the operations of the Evening Division. Please note, this is a temporary full-time position Monday – Thursday, 9 - 5pm.
- Answer phones, respond to voicemail and firstname.lastname@example.org email, and assist walk-in students.
- Produce ID cards and manage permissions and access.
- Assist faculty with requests including copying, keys, and guests, support faculty with Crestron and other technology-related issues.
- Assist with audition and interview process including copying materials (sign in sheets, questionnaires, tests), etc., and signage.
- Assist evaluation process including delivery to classes and processing completed evaluations.
- Oversee room set up and coordinate with Facilities as necessary.
- Post daily class schedule and notices. Post other notices on office door as necessary (regarding spring break, cancelled classes, changes in schedule).
- Oversee Division Office in Director’s and Administrative Coordinator’s absence.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of administrative experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Advanced computer skills (especially Word, Excel)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure and work independently.
- Ability to exercise discretionary judgment and handle confidential information.
- Knowledge of performing arts, classical music and musical terminology.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or other performing arts discipline, preferred.
- Three to four years of administrative experience in higher education, preferred.