THE POSITION – JA Finance Park Programs Fellow (Part Time: $15/hour)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Programs and works closely with other Finance Park support staff.
Position Overview: The Finance Park Fellow will assist with implementing JA Finance Park. JA Finance Park is a field trip for students in middle and high school that gives them an opportunity to develop personal money management skills, acquire personal finance knowledge, and prepare for the financial decisions and challenges of their adult lives. The program will run from January 7th - March 30th 2018. The position is part time at $15 per hour with at most 4 days/week at 7 hours/day (between 7:30-3:30).
Junior Achievement of New York is the local affiliate of Junior Achievement USA, the nation’s largest organization dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. We recruit, train, and mobilize more than 7,200 corporate and community volunteers to provide relevant, hands-on experiences that give students knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. Today, JA New York delivers more than 90,000 student experiences per year, free of charge, to more than 300 NYC, Long Island and Lower Hudson Valley public schools. Visit www.jany.org for more information.
JA New York’s mission is to inspire and prepare young people to be successful in a global economy.
· Belief in the boundless potential of young people
· Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
· Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
· Respect for the talent, creativity, perspectives and backgrounds of all individuals
· Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
· Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
Primary Substantive Responsibilities:
Key areas of responsibility are, but not limited to:
· Work with JA Finance Park team to implement a fun and engaging experience for volunteers, students and teachers.
· Leading 80-100 students through various activities per day.
· Training 10-20 adult volunteer partners per day.
· Help with daily set up of JA Finance; i.e. set up tables, chair, set up JA Finance Park computers, worksheets, and other necessary materials.
· Monitor and support volunteers and students to ensure high-quality experience by JA Finance Park attendees.
· Assist with collecting and submitting all JA Finance Park paperwork including: volunteer registration form, student permission slips, student pre and post-test surveys, verification reports and other ancillary documents.
· Attend all JA Finance Park meetings.
· All other duties as necessary
· This position may entail additional responsibilities not listed
· Currently pursuing or completed Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
· Evidence of very strong oral communication/presentation skills
· Desire to work in a youth-oriented non-profit organization
· Superior organizational and project management skills
· Ability to troubleshoot and do well under pressure
· Ability to work in a team setting
· Prior teaching experience
· Prior volunteer training experience
· Experience with New York City Public Schools
· Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Minimum Education Required