OBJECTIVE: To manage the organization’s email marketing platform functionality and provide data analytics reporting in order to guide the Marketing Department’s performance in messaging and conversions and foster an increase in brand awareness while enhancing overall user experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the email journeys for the organization using email automation software.
- Tracks and reports on all email performance and makes recommendations for email performance optimization.
- Deep understanding of email segmentation and personalization tactics and best practices.
- Able to follow and implement new and emerging technology and trends into effective email marketing campaigns.
- Conduct A/B testing and other optimization testing to gain insight into target audience and increase conversions.
- Creates and manages master email calendar and advises on cadence for messaging.
- Collaborate with copywriters and graphic designers to create content and email templates that are optimized for maximum impact and deliverability and adheres to best practices for email marketing.
- Maintain a database of constituents who have opted in to receive our correspondence and stay current on email marketing best practices and legal requirements.
- Understand the Marketing and Communications Department’s strategies and project plans and provide additional support to projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field required.
- Three years of proven experience creating high-impact, unique email marketing campaigns, preferably in higher education or the nonprofit sector.
- Thorough knowledge of community colleges and Phi Theta Kappa.
- Prior database management experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Familiarity with pertinent email, automation, and performance evaluation software.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, produce quality materials, and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time effectively and collaborate with a team.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Required.
This work environment is an office-like setting with moderate noise.
- Physical Exertion: The incumbent may frequently be required to lift approximately 10 pounds and/or occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: The incumbent must possess close, midrange, distance and peripheral vision; as well as the ability to identify colors, judge distances and adjust focus.
- Speaking/Hearing: The incumbent must be able to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
- Motor Coordination: The incumbent in this position is frequently required to: use their hands and reach with their hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to: stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The physical requirements listed for this job are not exhaustive and additional requirements may be added as needed. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in connection with all employment relationships, business operations and programs. Discrimination based on gender, family or marital status, race, color, national origin, military or veteran status, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or history, age, disability, political affiliation and cultural and religious backgrounds is prohibited.