27-01 Queens Plaza North
Allergic to Salad is a health-based youth culinary program. We offer hands-on, from-scratch CORE- and STEM-based cooking classes to after-school and in-school programs for students aged PreK thru High School.
We realize many claim they are “allergic to salad”– a convenient and understandable excuse in this era of pre-packaged industrialized food. Our work combats this widespread “allergy,” while increasing skills, technique, and familiarity with healthy foods, and creating a platform for a lifetime of adventurous eating through activity-filled classes.
The Partnerships and Development Coordinator supports the public-facing programs of Allergic to Salad. Main responsibilities will be overseeing community classes and events that bring our health-focused, hands on culinary programs to young people and adults at various partner locations, seeking and expanding fundraising efforts (grants, RFPs, adult programming, partnerships, etc) as well as donations to support sustainable growth and lower the cost of our classes to students. The ideal candidate is a self starter with a passion for food education and advocacy, an individual with a strong sense of integrity who is able to think creatively.
Candidate must be able to work on a small administrative team and uphold consistent standards of communication with colleagues, as well as be comfortable networking with professional peers outside the organization. The Partnerships and Development Coordinator works closely with Allergic to Salad Founder and Director Stacey Ornstein and the Program Officer to ensure that our community programming works in concert with after-school classes and general organizational growth.
Duties include but not limited to:
COMMUNITY CLASSES & EVENTS
● Conduct outreach to partner locations.
● Communicate with site directors to design classes based on location.
● Post new class schedules to Sawyer.
● Track registration and cancel classes as necessary.
● Submit reports on class performance to ATS Director.
● Conduct outreach to event sponsors and venues.
● Collaborate with ATS team members to plan events including happy hours,
restaurant classes, adult education, farm visits, etc.
● Communicate with event sponsors leading up to and during the event.
● Book staff, volunteers, and photographers as necessary.
● Follow up with sponsors to disburse tax deductible receipts.
● Create Eventbrite pages and track tickets.
● Update internal calendar.
Communications & Marketing
● Check info email and respond to inquiries.
● Increase and maintain contact database
● Maintain social media calendar, including designing monthly themes.
● Coordinate with social media manager to maintain consistency across platforms.
● Write monthly blog posts.
● Send out monthly newsletter featuring favorite recipe, meal plan, upcoming
events, ingredient highlight, etc.
● Create content for invitations/flyers.
● Final edit of promotional material.
● Promote community classes
● Seek promotional opportunities
● Set up fundraising campaigns through our fiscal sponsor to support new
● Write content for fundraising campaigns, marketing material, and outreach
● Seek out new funding opportunities -- grants, RFPs, etc
● Maintain relationships with donors and partners
Skills and Qualifications:
● Highly organized self starter.
● Passion for seasonal and sustainable food, particularly increasing education and access.
● Comfort with cooking and culinary terminology.
● Well versed in Google Suite, particularly sheets and docs.
● Well-versed in social media
● Highly communicative and able to work with a small team on a flexible schedule.
● Ability to understand and articulate the ATS ethos to potential partners.
● Ability to craft unique fundraising events that advance the ATS educational
● Fluent in social media platforms and able to implement consistent strategies to
engage with followers.
● Email marketing experience preferred.
● Background in event planning preferred.
● Ability to project manage small committees, interns and volunteers.
● Comfort with social networking IRL to connect with potential partners, sponsors,
Standard health benefits included.
Comfortable work environment.
Minimum Education Required