Mothers Out Front is seeking a talented Membership and Events Manager to lead and grow our organization’s membership program. As the Membership and Events Manager you will help build diverse and powerful movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers advocating for a livable climate for all children.
Our members are critical to our work. They provide the leadership and the resources needed to power our campaigns. As the Membership and Events Manager, you will play a key role in our membership program, collaborating with our organizing and communications staff to foster a member community that builds our power and brings members together across the country. You will work closely with the Director of Development and organizing leadership to develop and execute the organization’s membership strategy and will be directly responsible for the management of all data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention. You will also oversee the operations and logistics of all member engagement and fundraising events, including the national meetings, regional meetings, membership campaigns, luncheons and other events/programs.
About Mothers Out Front: Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work, by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a volunteer-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $3.7m. We currently have staff currently working in eight states and are a fast growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as key point of contact with members through phone and email, fostering strong relationships with members, non‐members, and past donors.
- Work with Mothers Out Front member teams, organizing staff, and communications staff to build our membership base, developing and implementing plans to steward general membership with regular communications and unique member opportunities, ensuring consistent messaging that communicates the importance of financial support.
- Facilitate a membership culture of learning and skill-building around diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Manage all membership data, tracking and reporting in our databases, Nationbuilder and SalesForce, including but not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining membership records
- Managing recruitment and retention tracking and reports
- Collecting and analyzing current, new and potential member information
- Compiling, analyzing, and providing reports on membership composition and trends for staff members, the fundraising and membership teams, and the board of directors.
- Oversee and execute the regular print and electronic communications, including renewals, annual appeals, and lapsed membership.
- Monitor new member, member retention, and member upgrade rates. Proposing and implementing strategies with staff and volunteer teams to expand member support.
- Assist in development and ongoing assessment and enhancement of member recruitment and retention plans.
- Recruit and support a volunteer national membership team to play a lead role in building the organization’s membership.
- Oversee the logistics of the annual Mothers Out Front National Member Meeting, including but not limited to, recruitment and communications with speakers and presenters, venue details, program logistics, registration and day-of coordination.
- Oversee the logistics and coordination of regional or other member engagement meetings and fundraising events including, but not limited to, venue details, registration and day of coordination, and follow-up.
- Manage event satisfaction and other member surveys.
What we’re looking for in you:
- At least three years of experience in in a nonprofit membership, volunteer, or constituent management position.
- Grassroots organizing experience, such as community organizing, campus organizing, campaign coordination, or environmental or social justice advocacy.
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising and membership best practices, tools, and techniques. A genuine interest in keeping abreast of trends in non-profit membership.
- Experience coordinating both large and small scale events with proven track record of identifying and maximizing event opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated follow through on tasks. Attention to detail, high standards, and a passion for accuracy, especially error‐free data entry and writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of customer service. Strong, clear and accurate writing, editing, and verbal communication.
- Experience with fundraising campaign and strategy development and implementation
- The ability to work with limited supervision and successfully within a team. Experience working in a virtual office environment a plus.
- A passion for social and environmental justice, and commitment to addressing climate change.
- Multicultural competencies, and demonstrated ability to work with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, socio-economic, educational, linguistic, and religious backgrounds, as well as people of various physical abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and generations.
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working effectively with community groups and members.
- A strong working knowledge and experience using donor database systems (NationBuilder and Salesforce preferred).
- The ability to rapidly learn and use new software. Experience with Google apps and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- An ability to travel regularly for meetings, events, and and occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Details: Mothers out Front is a virtual organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the US (with a preference for candidates based in CA, NY, MA, VA) and will work from a home office. You will report to our Director of Development. This a full time position.
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits: Mothers Out Front offers a competitive salary and benefits package and salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Yvonne Rivera, CSP
Director, Talent Acquisition