12520 SW 3rd St
Due to HomePlate being mostly volunteer run the HomePlate Volunteer Coordinator is needed to recruit, screen, orient, train, support, supervise and appreciate HomePlate volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Provide weekly support and supervision for volunteers and offer positive guidance on interacting with youth
● Recruit and screen interested volunteers, such as reviewing volunteer applications, carrying out background and reference checks and conducting interviews
● Organize and plan orientations and trainings for new regular volunteers
● Hold volunteers accountable to HomePlate policies and procedures
● Recognize and appreciate volunteers regularly, such as hosting two volunteer appreciation events (Fall & Spring)
● Schedule volunteer dinner groups for night drop-in by recruiting dinner groups, communicating health rules and expectations, and supporting groups to ensure maximum volunteer retention. Prime interface with the Thursday night drop-in site
● Work closely with staff to identify their volunteer needs (ie. outreach, employment, operations, etc)
● Train and support staff in volunteer best practices so they can on board, supervise, and retain volunteers
● Work collaboratively with Development Director to properly staff fundraising events with volunteers and establish corporate volunteers
● Build community support by speaking to schools and community orgs about homelessness and poverty
● Stay up to date in volunteer management best practices
● Update and implement the volunteer recruitment plan
● Assess volunteer satisfaction and skill increase as a result of the orientation and training
● Assess youths' satisfaction with the volunteers
● Maintain volunteer records and update database
● Actively create an environment and program that is inclusive and supportive to diverse volunteers, youth, and staff
● Experience building trust relationships and collaborative efforts with diverse individuals and organizations
● Experience working with people experiencing homelessness or other similar personal challenges
● Experience working with youth and adults from a diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and with disengaged populations
● Strong organizational skills; ability to organize & prioritize tasks, communicate clearly with team and volunteers both verbal and written
● Ability to work effectively with and support others in a team environment and independently
● Effective conflict resolution skills
● Positive, encouraging, and assertive leadership
● Welcoming and accepting presence
● Ability to pass a criminal background check
● Ability to work with or learn computer data entry programs and familiarity with Office Suite software (Word, Excel, etc.). Fluency in social media websites, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.
● Energetic, committed, flexible and innovative
● Genuine curiosity and interest in all people, good listener
HomePlate values diversity in its workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: Employer paid medical (79%) & dental benefits for employee and 50% covered for dependents; $500 HRA; starts with 20 days paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send a résumé, application questions (below), and a cover letter that clearly states how your background and skills/abilities make you well suited for the position. Email your application materials to: email@example.com. Because of the volume of applications, please understand that we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries, but all applicants will receive responses regarding the status of the application process. Open until filled.
● Every duty in the job description is based on having solid rapport and trust with the volunteers. Give an example of your success building relationships and collaborative efforts with and among diverse populations.
● What interests you most about this position at HomePlate?
● What qualities do you think are necessary to make a success of this job? Why do you believe you hold them?
● What do you believe the barriers to ending homelessness are? What do you believe is the reason that homelessness exists in Washington County?
● Share an example of how you creatively problem solved a challenge.
Thank you for your interest in HomePlate