4450 Blakely Ave NE
Overview: Oversees the housekeeping, lodging laundry, AV, and event/program setup operations for IslandWood’s Bainbridge Island core campus buildings and remote structures. The Housekeeping and Setup Manager has direct responsibility for the leadership and management of these teams.
Reports to: Senior Manager of Facilities
Supervises: Four direct reports, with a total team of 9 employees
Schedule: Full time – Tuesday through Saturday
• Responsible for the selection and management of the Housekeeping/Setup team which includes housekeeping, cleaning, laundry, and event setup team members. Provides for training to ensure that customer service standards are met.
• Supervises Lodging Supervisor and supports Supervisor’s relationship with lodge-cleaning contractor.
• Supervises Custodial Supervisor and Porters.
• Manages AV operations including AV contractor relationship, internal Porter AV support, and general AV training of IslandWood staff.
• Provides backup and support to team members, as needed, by fulfilling work orders, providing routine cleaning services, assisting lodging services, and performing event setups and breakdowns.
• Participates in weekly operations meetings at which all events on site are reviewed and coordinated among departments. Works collaboratively with leaders of other departments to foster effective communication, operational efficiencies, and exemplary guest services.
• Knowledgeable about general operations and emergency procedures required when guests are on site.
• Knowledgeable about key site components: gate codes, keys, security, AV operations, phones, etc.
• Available for weekend and evening IslandWood contact and presence.
• Facilitates team’s assistance with basic facility upkeep tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Schedules AV contractor and housekeeping, laundry, and event setup team members to meet the variable event activity on site.
• Oversees work orders for the Housekeeping/Setup team generated through the SchoolDude work order management software system.
• Oversees inventory and ordering of housekeeping, laundry and event-support supplies, as well as inventory of lodge linens.
• Monitors and maintains furniture inventory for the site.
• Manages related expense budgets, including personnel.
• Responsible for performance appraisals and professional development for team members.
• Coordinates the scheduling of long term preventative maintenance and project work with Facilities and other operational teams.
• Hospitality degree or minimum of two years of experience in the hospitality industry, coordinating events, or facility operations.
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate managerial competency such as the ability to provide positive and constructive feedback.
• Solid computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to work on a variety of software as trained.
• Solid math skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to inspire motivation in a team.
• Experience working with individuals from a variety of cultural and economic backgrounds.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift and/or carry 50 lbs. Must be able to bend/twist/turn and work in awkward positions, climb ladders and stairs, handle and work proficiently with common hand tools.
• Must live within 40 minutes’ drive time of IslandWood in order to respond to occasional after-hours emergencies.
• Commitment to mission, vision, and goals of IslandWood.
• Demonstrate IslandWood's core values that enable teams and individuals to succeed with shared respect and purpose.
• Support IslandWood’s strategic plan to expand our mission and impact.
• Commitment to culturally responsive and inclusive customer service.
• Must pass child safety screening procedures.
• Must be able to comply with and maintain a smoke-free and drug-free work environment.
Bilingual preferred; ability to verbally communicate with Spanish speaking individuals.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish - Conversational
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, Application for Employment form (Spanish version also available on our website in the careers section) including contact information for three current references to:
Search for Housekeeping and Setup Manager
4450 Blakely Avenue NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
IslandWood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We encourage diverse applicants because we believe having a staff that authentically reflects the community we serve is critical to our ability to be culturally responsive.