2401 Blueridge Avenue
The Public Lands Alliance (PLA) believes that parks, forests, and wildlife refuges need communitybased nonprofit organizations to help preserve and enrich them. Our mission is to connect, strengthen and represent these nonprofit partners of America’s public lands.
PLA seeks a hard-working, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual to help lead its development program with a special emphasis on corporate and foundation partnerships. Ideal candidates will be able to take initiative in a team environment.
The Manager’s primary responsibilities are to:
Coordinate the identification and cultivation of prospects
- Develop a prospect pipeline through research and by “cold calling” corporations, foundations, and individuals who may not have been contacted previously
- Build a portfolio of fundraising prospects and help coordinate visits, calls, and communications with prospects for the PLA Executive Director
- Establish an effective working relationship with the board of directors, and identify and support tactics to engage the board in fundraising activities
Develop proposals for strategic partnerships and grants
- Write foundation, corporate and government grant proposals and reports
- Monitor proposal deadlines
- Initiate grant requests and inquiries to foundations and corporations
Manage stewardship process and oversee data integrity for donor database
- Enter and track gifts
- Manage donor database integrity, updating constituent information
- Manage acknowledgement process for corporate, foundation and individual donors
Lead event sponsorship and annual trade show exhibitor stewardship
- Manage corporate partner giving circle cultivation and renewal (< $1000 annual gift)
- Create and sell sponsorship packages for annual convention and trade show
- Coordinate registration of trade show exhibitors and onsite event management of the trade show in partnership with PLA’s meeting planner
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
PLA seeks candidates with a genuine passion for public lands. The preferred candidates will have:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with corporate and / or foundation partnerships
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards
- Successful experience in prospect identification, relationship building, solicitation and stewardship
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Capacity to organize data and produce reports
WORKING AT THE PUBLIC LANDS ALLIANCE
The Public Lands Alliance is located in Silver Spring, Maryland, within the Washington, D.C. Metro Area. PLA currently has five (5) full time positions in addition to contracted consultants. Although we work as a team, each staff member has a defined role to support the objectives of our strategic plan. For more information, visit www.publiclandsalliance.org.
PLA supports recruiting the best workforce and does not require applicants to live in the Washington, DC Metro Area. Full and partial telework options are available.
PLA offers a generous benefits package that includes: medical and dental insurance; 403(b) retirement plan (with employer contributions after one year of service); and competitive annual leave and 10 paid holidays per year.
PLA supports professional development opportunities for its staff including membership with applicable professional societies.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume, compelling letter of introduction describing your suitability for the position, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title, “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email.
The Public Lands Alliance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Resume reviews begin immediately and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.