The Lead Computer Support Specialist is responsible for supporting end-user issues that are escalated by the computer support specialists, and for fulfilling end-user service requests for hardware and software. The position requires strong PC support technical expertise, ability to lead, and excellent customer service skills.
· Provide a level-two point of contact for escalations regarding any IT-related requests or issues. Lead and oversee the Service Desk team and have at least three direct reports, but remain very much in the weeds managing the ticket.
· Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. Documents, supports, upgrades, or replaces hardware and software systems.
· Supports and maintains user account information, including rights, security, and systems groups.
· Serve as a technical lead on assigned technical support projects and support with Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC).
· Ensure that all policies and procedures for communication and escalation of incidents and issues are followed and that the Service Desk team is up to date with industry-standard policies and protocols.
· Build relationships with the IS&T Service Desk, applications, security, and infrastructure teams to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded.
· Own specific IS&T Services and ensure their effective delivery, management, and improvement to meet the organization's needs.
· Contribute directly to the strategy, development, and quality of the IS&T Service Desk and the team's service delivery capability.
· Works under general supervision; reports to the Director of IT Support Services.
· Evaluates documented resolutions to analyze trends for proactive measures.
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
· Experience in industry-standard technologies and methodologies.
· Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
Additional Responsibilities include the following:
· Deliver support and training to end-users in various software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling the organization's objectives.
· Empathize with the end-user and less-seasoned techs and craft solutions to swiftly help them under stress.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
The Lead Computer Support Specialist is responsible for supporting end-user issues that are escalated by the computer support specialists, and for fulfilling end-user service requests for hardware and software. The position…