The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is a community based agency providing youth in the Bayview Hunters Point with medical and behavioral health services that encourage them to make decisions that support their health, safety and development.
This is a 40 hrs FTE exempt position with a competitive benefits package. The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is fiscally sponsored by Larkin Street Youth Services.
· Provide casework services to high-risk youth
· Individual intake and assessment;
· Resource brokerage and referral
· Case coordination and advocacy
· Follow up and after care and recordkeeping
· Individual and family mental health training for 3rd Street staff
· Attend weekly staff meetings and report as needed
· Management and execution of our workforce development program: HealthCore
o Work with area medical and academic institutions to create & maintain strong partnerships for HealthCore.
o Recruit participants for program and provide case management throughout their engagement with 3rd Street.
o Continually update core curriculum to reflect the most accurate and relevant information available.
o Build and support the mentorship program for HealthCore.
o Supervise a small team of support staff
· Upbeat attitude
· Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
· Flexibility with a team player mentality
· Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
· An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to multi-task with the capacity to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
· Ability to connect with our youth
· Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times
· Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description
· Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
· Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
· Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
· Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
· Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
· Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
· Ability to confidently & comfortably talk with youth about health and sex.
· Bachelor’s Degree in an health education or related field.
· 2-3 years of experience working with high-risk youth.
· Experience in workforce development for youth & young adults
· Working knowledge of issues facing youth.
· Bi-Lingual Spanish a plus.
· Must be a self-starter with excellent follow-through skills.
· Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
· Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title “Health Education Coordinator”
The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Minimum Education Required