128 Baruch Place
The Transitional and Supportive Housing Cluster is a $9.1M division which provides Transitional Housing and Supportive Housing to Homeless individuals and Families, victims of Domestic Violence and Formerly Homeless Individuals. Services include four shelters; two family shelters, a domestic violence shelter, a shelter for Single Women with Mental Health Issue as well as a NYNY Supportive Housing building for formerly homeless individuals with Mental Health issues.
Services are provided by culturally competent staff and include case management, housing, employment, and children’s programs. These programs are designed to help individuals and families attain their fullest potential in an environment that values respect, dignity, caring and integrity. This position will provide oversight to the three Family Shelters and related programs. The Assistant Program Director will oversee case management services, housing and other supportive programs and services including Employment and Aftercare. This position reports directly to the Deputy Program Officer.
- LMSW or LCSW
- Minimum six (6) years post-master’s experience working with homeless families
- Minimum four (4) years of supervisory and case management experience with multi-problem families.
- SIFI certification
- Demonstrated crisis intervention and problem solving skills and trauma informed experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, decision making, writing, and presentation skills
- Budgetary Management experience
- Experience managing data bases and familiar with WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT, DHS CARES
- Responsible for program planning, organizing, operations under the direction of the Program Director and DPO.
- Hire, supervise, train and facilitate the development of professional, support staff and students
- Directly supervise various levels of staff, while developing program priorities, objectives, goals and new initiatives to strengthen programming.
- Supervise Case Managers, Housing Specialist, Program staff and various on-site programs.
- Review services on an ongoing basis and develop new programs as they emerge.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day operations and administrative oversite of 24/7 facility including 24 hour on call responsibilities
- Serve as liaison to the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) as well as additional funding sources, and community groups.
- Administer grants and provide monthly reports and statistical data to city and state agencies and other relevant groups.
- Provide on call administrative back-up coverage on evenings, weekends, & holidays
- Adhere to contractual obligations and compliance updates dictated by multiple government and private funding sources to maintain contract integrity and performance
- Manage program aspects of fiscal oversight to program including budget, payroll, contract monitoring
- Monitor and update, as needed, systems policy and procedures for program including program and operation manuals
- Other related tasks as assigned by the Program Director & Deputy Program Officer for Transitional and Supportive Housing
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Minimum Education Required