Provide administrative support for busy nonprofit office in midtown Manhattan that runs housing lotteries and screens applicants for affordable housing. Opportunity for growth.
Settlement Housing Fund (SHF), established in 1969, creates and sustains high quality affordable housing and programs, building strong and economically diverse neighborhoods throughout New York City. SHF works closely with community partners to provide low- and moderate-income New Yorkers with pathways to long-term affordable housing, education, employment and wellness. SHF’s marketing department manages housing lotteries for our own developments as well as for private developers constructing mixed income apartment buildings with government funding, including programs known as 80/20s.
· General office duties such as filing, photocopying, preparing correspondence, sorting the mail;
· Scheduling appointments, managing email correspondence
· Reception duties such as welcoming applicants, calling and confirming appointments, answering phones.
· Cataloging applications for completed projects
· Data Entry
· Assisting various units as needed.
· Strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a busy office
· Good interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
· Strong proficiency in MS Word and Outlook; Excel and Access a plus
· Strong typing skills
· Great phone etiquette
· Minimum two years' experience in a clerical role or one year with college degree
· Professional demeanor, outgoing and friendly attitude, flexibility, team player
· High school diploma or equivalent; college a plus
Settlement Housing Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
High School diploma or equivalent.
College a plus.
A second language a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Settlement Housing Fund offers excellent benefits to employees upon successful completion of a probationary period.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email cover letter, including current salary, and resume. Please indicate "Admin Assistant" in the subject line. No phone calls please.