Details: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
355 Lexington Avenue
Responsible for supporting the Major Gifts Director with the overall management and execution of the major gifts and corporate relations programs.
Citymeals on Wheels is seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented team player with 3-5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising or corporate relationship management to support the Major Gifts team. The position will assist the team by researching and cultivating new corporate and foundation prospects, drafting proposals, stewarding donors and managing and updating the prospect pipeline. Previous experience in corporate relations, fundraising, or sales is a plus.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing for varied proposal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Excel and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to succinctly articulate the Citymeals mission and the case for support in a clear and compelling manner.
- BA/BS required.
- Three to five years of development/corporate relations/fundraising experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Provide pivotal support to the Major Gift department to ensure success of research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of existing donors and new prospects.
- Draft and refine materials, including proposals and gift renewals for Major Gift donors and prospects.
- Manage effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors, and prospects through the organizational database.
- Develops and assists in the implementation of corporate volunteer programs to solicit philanthropic support from corporate sponsors and foundations.
- Conduct detailed prospect research and produce leads and briefing notes/materials as necessary.
- Identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage members of the staff and board as appropriate to make the most of those opportunities.
- Maintain accuracy of donor tracking systems and database for corporate constituents, while maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
- Manage acquisition, renewal, stewardship, and recognition of all corporate partners.
- Work closely with Volunteers Department to ensure clear lines of communication and effective coordination.
- Support special projects and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Years of Experience:
3 - 5 years
- Physical Demands – The employee is regularly sitting and using hands.
- Vision – close vision.
- Occasionally required to work a flexible schedule including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to use public transportation to various locations throughout the City.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Pay and Hours
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week, typically in 8-hour shifts. The office is open 5 days per week, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Be sure to include “Corporate and Foundation Associate” in the subject line. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.'
No phone calls, please.