Details: Commensurate with experience
WQXR is the #1 classical radio station in the United States, reaching millions of listeners monthly via terrestrial radio, digital streaming, and social media. Our mission is to create a movement that redefines what classical music is, invites a larger, more diverse audience into its magic, and fortifies cultural and performing arts institutions here in New York, and nationally, by inspiring our audience to leave their phones and see music live.
We will do this by bringing our strengths in curation and story about classical music to digital platforms, continuing to evolve our radio programs, and expanding our portfolio of live events, talks, festivals, and concerts.
What we are looking for:
You must have a proven track record of exceptional strategic and design thinking, and demonstrable expertise in usability. They should have a strong eye for typography, layout, and color and should be experienced in agile processes, including cross-collaboration with business stakeholders, leadership, product owners, QA, and developers.
Your Future Team:
Our digital team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working to empower New Yorkers to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help New Yorkers enrich their lives and their neighborhoods — we're just getting started.
What you can expect:
As a Design Lead you will be expected to lead projects that involve various stages of user experience design — from facilitating ideation to creating high fidelity designs and prototypes to testing and iterating. You will be expected on your design experience and knowledge of best practices to articulately express the rationale behind design decisions. Your role will be at the core of defining WQXR’s online presence.
So what does that look like?
- Lead projects that involve various stages of user experience design
- Facilitate ideation to creating high fidelity designs and prototypes to testing and iterating
- Demonstrate enough technical platform knowledge to facilitate designing for scalability and ease of maintenance.
These are the tools and skills you’ll need to get started…
- Bachelor’s degree in design-related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience designing complex digital applications and websites.
- Expertise in a broad range of design skills including visual design and UI design. Extensive experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and high resolution designs.
- Expertise in Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Experience with prototyping tools a plus.
- Passion for user-centered design.
- Experience working directly with developers to ensure the successful implementation of a design specification.
- Experience designing for various devices and enough technical knowledge to understand best strategies for responsive design.
- A strong design portfolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage shifting priorities
- Experience with usability testing.
- Background in designing for audio or media preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking the following link:
NYPR must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy.