The Vice President for Business Development is responsible for COA’s Business Development Department, which includes the organization’s sales, marketing and partnership development and governmental/payer recognition related to new business development. The Vice President is the organization’s chief business development strategist, leveraging data and competitive intelligence information to implement the organization’s marketing and sales campaigns to drive revenue growth. Functioning as a member of COA’s senior leadership team, the Vice President works in close collaboration with other senior leaders and the directors of COA business lines and departments to drive business growth in support of COA’s mission and to increase revenue.
- Use data to develop and refine the strategy for pricing, messaging, promoting, and selling our products and achieving year-over-year growth targets.
· Build COA’s brand by further defining and enhancing the organization’s brand purpose, personality, and positioning and ensuring that the organization’s supporting collateral (thought leadership, content, as well as logo, style guide, standard external engagement practices, etc.) reflect its brand.
· Build out the organization’s sales and marketing functions, including:
o Hiring sales and marketing staff
o Introducing sales and marketing strategies that are responsive to industry changes and consistent with the organization’s new brand positioning and growth strategy
o Identifying and integrating supportive technologies that will maximize the impact of the organization’s sales and marketing staff
o Building and expanding a core set of marketing channels – both paid and unpaid
· Align the organization’s sales, marketing and communications activities to increase revenue growth.
· Identify and anticipate trends both within the accreditation industry and key segments of the larger human services industry to ensure that the organization is maximizing product development opportunities and ensuring competitive differentiation.
· Lead the business development department, including:
o Managing and developing the skills of the department’s personnel
o Setting departmental goals and overseeing work planning and execution
o Creating and managing a departmental budget and ensuring that mission-critical projects have the financial resources and personnel to be successful
· Serve as a senior organizational leader and work to align the department’s needs and goals with other COA departments and lead/manage organizational change
· Practices reflect COA’s mission and are responsible, flexible, reliable, and dependable
· Demonstrates a commitment to high quality and responsive service; Proactively identifies opportunities and takes action to improve operations; Offers and accepts constructive feedback; Contributes to the development of new ideas
· Actively engages in problem solving ; Responds to complaints; Seeks resolution of conflicts
· Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks; Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards
· Works collaboratively with others to encourage and support the accomplishment of goals/tasks
· Provides exemplary customer service to all COA stakeholders; Interactions are timely, responsive, and courteous
· Shows respect for each person’s individuality and preferences, and the cultural/ethnic diversity of COA’s stakeholders
· Demonstrates a commitment to learning and improvement; Pursues activities to enhance personal and professional growth for self and others
· Protects the confidentiality and the information/documentation obtained by nature of our work
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree and 6-10+ years of B2B marketing business development experience.
Previous sales, marketing and communications experience is preferred.
Familiarity with child welfare and/or behavioral healthcare is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years supervising/managing 2 or more professional staff.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills, written and oral; strong eye for design and content quality
- Proven and visible veteran, with demonstrated experience in:
o Market research and analysis
o Goal and budget development, management, and alignment
o Building a sales, marketing and communication’s function using full-time staff and agency and/or freelance talent
o Integrated marketing and communications planning and collateral development
o Implementing/managing inside and/or outside B2B sales acquisition strategies; non-profit sales experience is a plus
o Utilizing technology to expand and optimize sales and marketing strategies
· Experience implementing sales and marketing strategies for a national organization that serves multiple geographies; international sales and/or marketing experience is a plus
· Analytics skills and an ability to interpret data – from structured and unstructured sources – and create actionable insights
· Demonstrated experience in closing leads for sales opportunities and/or cultivating new partnerships
· Demonstrated experience leading/managing an organizational change effort
· Familiarity with accreditation desired
· Familiarity with inbound and digital marketing approaches, including SEO a plus
· Cross-functional team leadership experience is a plus
Medical and dental insurance, a voluntary vision plan, a 401(k) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and other insurances, Professional Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required