303 South Maple Avenue
The ESOL Instructor is responsible for implementing all aspects of the Homestretch ESOL program. ESOL instruction is part of the self-sufficiency strategy of Homestretch . Classes are geared toward helping students become self-sufficient by improving their language, employability, and ability to integrate into their communities Classes held two evenings per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct a language assessment of all clients with limited or no English language skills within 30 days of their acceptance into Homestretch; assign clients to the appropriate language class level.
- Teach beginning and intermediate ESOL classes, using an approved an accepted curriculum; structure classes to accommodate ongoing enrollment.
- Develop class curriculum and add value to current ESOL program.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of volunteers who assist as classroom aides or with ESOL students outside of regular class hours.
- Conduct language asssessments periodically to gage progress of students.
- Coordinate with Fairfax County Public Schools Office of Community and Adult Education and other outside ESOL programs to access advanced language training for students who complete the Homestretch ESL classes.
- Collaborate with Homestretch case managers and employment counselor as necessary to ensure maximum benefit for clients.
Bachelors and/or Master degree in Education with certification in Teaching English as a Second Language, or the equivalent preferred. Minimum two years of experience teaching adults and/or implementing and adult ESOL program. Good command of English language. Must be a strong team player, as the ESOL Instructor will work closely with other program staff to ensure maximum benefit to ESOL students while maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of Homestretch and its clients. An EOE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume/cover letter with hourly salary requirement to: ESOLInstructor@homestretchva.org