2075 Eunice St
Location: The Ridhwan Foundation Center, Berkeley CA
Type of Position: Non-exempt, 35-37.5 hours weekly. Potentially more hours are being contemplated.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by EOD October 17, 2018.
The Office Manager will ensure the smooth functioning of the Ridhwan Foundation’s central office, acting as the coordination point for all office services and projects. This position will work closely with the Director of Administration and other staff members to manage, prepare and communicate administrative functions and the systems that support those functions. The Office Manager will be responsible for the general maintenance and troubleshooting of the central office and its network. Responsibilities will include identifying the needs of staff, remote workers, teachers, students and committees; and fulfilling and supervising a variety of tasks at a high level within and for the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Upkeep of office systems: password lists, communication channels (Slack,Skype, Zoom), global email addresses
- Work closely training all employees in proper use of MS 365- OneDrive-SharePoint- Outlook-All Staff calendar and other on-boarding duties
- Work with office members to prepare all-staff meetings including agenda, materials, timekeeping, minutes, and action points
- Updating and distribution of the staff handbook
- Maintain, update, and post staff rosters
- Prepare administrative policy notices for weekly teacher e-digest
- Preparing, updating and posting of program on-line calendar
- Preparation of insurance renewal applications and certificates of insurance for off-site venues
- Scheduling and reviewing IT support needs of all office/remote workers
- Manage minister ordination process including preparation of ordination packets, certificates, insurance background checks, and minister teacher list
- Facilitate ease of file sharing and records maintenance in order to fulfill organization’s file retention policy
- Control and maintain office expense budget
- Purchase and keep inventory of all supplies and office equipment as approved by annual budget and Director of Administration
- Maintain phone systems and phone tree
- Sort and distribute mail
- Support on-line meeting systems including scheduling, set-up and users support
- Preparing all government agency, association membership, and subscription renewals
- Assisting and supporting the Director of Administration in human resource relations as well as other duties and projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in organizational office responsibilities as an Office Manager or Senior Administrative Assistant preferred
- Knowledge and facility of business and organizational practices
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications
- Good technical and information technology experience preferred
- Experience with various aspects of insurance preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully
- Attention to detail
- Some financial background preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact within all areas of the organization: staff, students, teachers, and volunteers as well as outside agents
- Self-motivation and creativity
- Familiarity with or interest in spiritual or personal growth paths and organizations is preferred, but not required.
Compensation: $31.54/hr. Currently The Ridhwan Foundation offers PTO and sick time for employees who work an average 20 hr./week but does not provide healthcare benefits to employees.
Minimum Education Required