District of Columbia
Major purpose of this job: Reporting to the Accounting Manager, Staff Accountant I will support various aspects of finance and accounting for URAC. The successful candidate will need to be effective and experienced in the general accounting function. The position requires solid accounting experience combined with strong analytical skills. The candidate will fit well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, focused individuals with increasing responsibility and challenges. The candidate will need to possess strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills, and the ability to work with others. This position will support primarily the disbursement financial cycle including, but not limited to vendor management, expense management, fixed asset management.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Records monthly expense activity.
- Management of the Pn3 and Concur systems
- Compliance with expense policy
- Compliance with authorization policy
- Accuracy of account coding
- Monitoring of timely approval
- Employee expense report processing
- Check/ACH run process
- Monitors Accounts Payable Aged report
- Annual 1099 reporting
- Maintains corporate credit card program
- Monitors usage
- Tracks card holders
- Leads cost saving initiatives
- Maintains fixed asset system, performs monthly asset roll forward reconciliation, prepares depreciation schedules, tracks fixed assets, records depreciation expense and reconciles to Dynamics.
- Monthly reconciliation of assigned related balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Prepares journal entries and ensure that the general ledger activity is accurate and complete.
- Assists in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed and that exceptions are communicated to management.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results, trends and other matters impacting the effectiveness of the operations.
- Assists with annual audit including the preparation of supporting schedules.
- Performs financial analysis and ad hoc reports for management as requested.
- Identifies inefficiencies and problems in accounting/finance process and recommends and assists in implementing improved procedures.
- Works as a team in standardizing practices and procedures
- Participates in a wide variety of other department duties, special projects and compiles a variety of special reports.
Experience, knowledge, and skill requirements:
- Experience in health care firms and/or not-for-profit organizations preferred but not required.
- Work experience should include 1-5 years in accounting/finance environment with similar responsibilities.
- Candidates must display a professional demeanor and demonstrate clear goal orientation and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates should have a strong analytical mind with experience in financial analysis and account reconciliation.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, and to produce quality results within tight timeframes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet stated deadlines.
- Computer skills required include intermediate-level Excel, Word, MS Dynamics financials, BI data analysis and reporting.
Education and training requirements:
- Associate’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Health Insurance
- Company paid benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan
- Three weeks vacation
- Seven sick days
- Two personal days
- Tuition Assistance of $2,500 per year
Minimum Education Required