Details: The compensation for this position is $17.58/hour, with opportunities for overtime.
Work Crew Site Supervisor (San Jose and Santa Clara County)
Do you thrive when catalyzing a team to collectively achieve success?
Do you enjoy supporting team members in growing their knowledge and skills?
Do you think on your feet, anticipating, identifying, and addressing challenges as they arise?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we want to receive your resume for our available Work Crew Site Supervisor position!
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) offers comprehensive employment services exclusively for people with criminal records. CEO’s model is based on a highly structured program of life skill education, short-term paid transitional employment, full-time job placement, and post-placement services. This year, CEO anticipates preparing more than 3,000 people to move into mainstream employment.
What is the Role?
Site Supervisors work to positively impact the lives of individuals recently released from prison or jail by training, coaching, and supervising a team of 5-10 program participants on a transitional maintenance and landscaping work crew as they work collaboratively with CEO staff to secure full-time employment.
In this role, you will create a positive work environment that promotes safe working conditions, encourages and enables the development of participants and their employment skills, and fosters high morale across the crew. This role is ideal for an individual who doesn’t want to sit at a desk all day, who has a proven track record of leading teams to achieve success, and whose efficient and friendly customer service makes you a trusted partner. The best part about being a Site Supervisor is the quality time you get to spend working with participants and the opportunity to make real impact in their lives.
Site Supervisor work hours are typically 7:00AM-4:00PM every weekday (M-F), with approximately 250 work days per year. Site Supervisors may be asked to float between various work sites.
Skills and Attributes You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Demonstrated commitment to CEO’s mission and interest in working for a fast-growing, results-oriented organization
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and resolve conflicts constructively
- Ability to analyze, solve routine problems, and make decisions
- Ability to foster strong team spirit and focus on achieving collective results
- Ability to identify the steps of a project, set appropriate deadlines, identify the necessary resources, and hold self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines
- Respect, fairness, and patience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and at a sustained pace
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience of similar work
- Must be able to:
- Consistently lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
- Stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
- Drive a 12 passenger van
Not Required, But Must Be Willing to Learn:
- General labor, construction, landscaping/grounds-keeping, building maintenance, and other skilled trades
- Geographic knowledge of San Jose
- Safety standards and best practices
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
In addition, team members can also access CEO’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at the provided link above with a resume and cover letter. Please use Google Chrome if you experience any difficulty accessing the application.