1301 Belmont Avenue
Summary & Essential FunctionsTo plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential, in accordance with the mission and standards of Belmont Charter Network. Work is performed under the supervision of the Head of School.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications & RequirementsB.A./B.S. degree from accredited institution;
- 1-2 years of classroom experience, preferably in urban education;
- Valid and active Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check Clearance (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Record Check Clearance (Act 114)
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Clearance (Act 168)
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required