Details: Depending on Experience
1360 Mission St.
Bill Sorro Housing Program (BiSHoP) is a unique housing service center inspired by Bill Sorro’s work to support low-income individuals, families, immigrants, veterans, seniors, people with disabilities, LGBT, and other highly vulnerable tenants from displacement.
The Housing Specialist/Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the case management team through administrative, outreach, and database-related duties. The Housing Specialist/Data Analyst coordinates housing education workshops, maintains the organization’s database and assist in conducting comprehensive intakes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professionally and ethically interacts with clients, community members, etc. of diverse backgrounds.
- Assist case managers in conducting comprehensive intakes and assessment of the housing needs of a prospective client.
- Prepares and executes main outreach strategies to BiSHoP’s target population regarding upcoming housing opportunities and other related resources;
- Plans housing education and activities w/ community orgs in the SOMA neighborhood and citywide in collaboration with Executive Director or Deputy Director;
- Creates and distributes housing outreach materials to clients, community partners, etc. citywide on a regular basis;
- Oversee client data migration and database maintenance (Salesforce, Box, etc.);
- Creates monthly reports regarding the progress of outreach for the program’s funders;
- Tracks and records organization’s funded goals;
- Performs other duties, as needed, to implement BiSHoP’s work plan or assigned by Executive Director or Deputy Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and other database/web/cloud-based platforms (required)
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and display good judgment
- Plan, schedule and organize multiple priorities while maintaining a high volume of work.
- Strong ability to interpret quality and quantitative data for financial assessments.
- Sensitivity to immigrant, low-income, homeless and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual capabilities preferred (Spanish or Tagalog)
● 1-2 years of experience working with low-income communities and/or non-profit sector or Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or relevant field or a combination of education and experience ensures successful completion of essential job functions.
Full benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Minimum Education Required