Nonprofit agency seeking a full-time Finance Manager, who is seeking a challenging position. She/he is responsible to manage the organizations $1+m financial operations including grants, audits and related administrative functions.
- Manage the nonprofit accounting system.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to all financial and accounting functions.
- Prepare annual agency budget and allocation plans with the board’s finance committee.
- Manage, prepare and complete monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports.
- Reconcile monthly financial statements to the corporation’s income and expense.
- Compile monthly internal reports for the Board and Finance Committee.
- Compile credit card and office supply purchase orders for invoice payment.
- Complete unaudited financial statements and ensure timely completion of audit report.
- Manage and provide oversite to bank accounts, deposits, credit cards and credit line.
- Supervise management of accounts payable and receivable process.
- Work with leadership to manage the fiscal component of the grants process including state and federal contracts, private grants, subcontracts and all necessary payment requests by submission of monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual financial reports.
- Comply with and ensure grant contract requirements.
- Assist with grant budget preparations and approve final budget or budget mod submissions.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, security and operational standards and business practices related to financial management and ensure all licenses and required government documents are current.
- Supervise finance department staff - task assignments and evaluations.
- Maintain and ensure renewal of necessary insurance coverages for the organization.
- Administer employee insurances / benefits.
- Administer and maintain employee time sheets for payroll and benefit days.
- Manage lease agreements with vendors/consultants.
- Maintain and ensure renewal of office equipment contracts.
- Manage a record of all contracts/agreements for office, telephone and technology.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, computers and significant supplies.
Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Accounting or related field required.
Three years’ experience, with some supervisory and leadership responsibilities.
Non-profit, computerized accounting management experience.
Experience in a multi-funded non-profit agency preferred, or comparable experience.
Working knowledge of government grants and grant compliance requirements preferred.
Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Detail oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines over varying quarters.
Experience in MS Office and Excel / spreadsheets.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation and sick time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: