This position reports to the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager and works as part of the Finance FP&A team in developing budgets, creating reports, and analyzing financial performance and variances. This position will assist departmental staff in the budget process, and participate in creating, interpreting, and analyzing financial reports.
- Under direction, perform financial and analytical functions in connection with the Exploratorium’s budget and forecast process.
- Assist in preparing, consolidating and analyzing budget financials.
- Prepare budget and forecast packages, including explanatory text, variance analysis, and presentation material.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other materials as requested.
- Create modeling for specific projects or scenarios to facilitate operational or strategic decision-making.
- Assist managers in monitoring performance against budget, understanding reports and developing reporting. Research and resolve inquiries for assigned departments and/or functional areas.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Long Range Plan and Capital Campaign Plan.
- Perform special projects under the direction of the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business or closely related field and 2-3 year experience in budgeting and financial analysis, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and principals of finance.
- Ability to think analytically
- Superb attention to detail while keeping a big-picture perspective
- Demonstrated computer skills; Advanced Excel skills; working knowledge of Power Point, and Word
- Ability to work with financial, budgeting and report-writing software. Adaptive Insights experience a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and organize multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to interpret financial information for non-finance professionals and work collaboratively all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively and manage priorities and ambiguity in a fluid environment
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time, utilize general office equipment, lift and carry up to 20 pounds short distances.
This position is open until November 9th, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
This is a regular, full-time, exempt, non-union position that includes benefits. To apply, please visit the Exploratorium job page. Please, no phone calls in regards to this job.
The Exploratorium is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, religious expression, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran’s status or any other class protected by applicable law.
The Exploratorium will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Minimum Education Required