SAVE FIRST FINANCIAL WELLNESS
ASSET BUILDING SPECIALIST
Full-time / Non-Exempt (40 hours/week)
Reports to: Program Manager, Save First Financial Wellness
Catholic Charities is a non-profit provider of social services and low-income housing in the Portland metro area. Catholic Charities provides services to meet clients' physical, social, spiritual, and psychological needs while also working to improve clients' financial wellness through a unique program: Save First Financial Wellness. The Asset Building Specialist will be responsible for the oversight and management of a growing asset building program, an essential component of Save First.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outreach, recruit, screen, enroll, and provide support to Individual Development Account (IDA) clients prior to enrollment and during the IDA saving period.
- Design / improve existing systems to track and support IDA clients within Safe First Financial Wellness.
- Provide personal one-on-one assessment and coaching services to clients as needed.
- Record client data (progress notes, IDA transactions, etc.) utilizing Salesforce database.
- Present IDA informational sessions to groups of individuals.
- Provide supporting documentation and outcome analysis for weekly reports or presentations for SFF staff, stakeholders, funders, and for quality assurance measures
- Develop community partnerships on quarterly basis to provide necessary asset specific education
- Coordinate with program partners to ensure successful service delivery.
- Develop strategies to expand asset building services.
- Provide grant writing support for continuation of funding as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human service/ social sciences strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years of experience working with low-income and/or high-need client populations.
- Two or more years working within the asset building field with focus on AFI IDAs.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing in English, Spanish a plus; strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated competency when working with low-income populations.
- Demonstrated competency working with individuals from diverse cultures.
- Ability to effectively work with standard Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint; and Adobe Suite.
- Experience in Salesforce a big plus.
- Ability to observe agency social service delivery standards.
- Dynamic, creative thinker committed to expanding asset building programs, including developing new strategies and partnerships.
- Commitment to Catholic Charities / Save First mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Travel may be required. Must have driver's license, access to vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from criminal, civil and/or motor vehicle background check required.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Submit your application, resume and cover letter at https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Competitive benefits package, including:100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.