1820 Fort Myer Drive
Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) International is a distinguished education membership association, whose research elevates the discourse in education. PDK provides products and services to help schools and school systems reimagine the school experience for students, staff, families, and community members.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for ensuring sustainability of the organization’s mission through effective promotion and marketing of our various products and services. This position will also help bring our mission to life through varied efforts including, but not limited to: social media, data-driven marketing and communications campaigns, microsite work, conference strategy and attendance, print and direct mail, and more.
The MarComms Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and is at the forefront of this work. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing and communications plans for the organization in order to attract potential clients and retain existing ones. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success in K-12 or non-profit branding and communications, with a demonstrated ability to influence current and potential markets.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual marketing and communications strategy based on organization objectives and the rhythm of the K-12 school year (i.e. school budget cycles, holidays, etc.)
- Oversee all public relations activities to include press releases, media interactions, content creation and curation, creation of marketing materials, and establishment of branding guidelines
- Analyze market trends to make sound recommendations for strategy, identify weaknesses in potential marking campaigns, and develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary restraints
- Measure and report on market campaign performance to ensure alignment with organization objectives and strategic plans, and division Balanced Scorecards and logic models
- Develops all internal and external communications programs to include, but not limited to, print and online advertisements, website management, newsletters, and RFP review
- Monitors press stories related to PDK and its brand, as well as relevant education trends in order to maximize opportunities for positive public relations and dismantling of negative PR.
- Additional marketing and communications duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field
- Prior experience as a marking or communications manager in a similar field a plus
- 3+ years of marketing and communications experience in the non-profit or K12 education sector
- Proven track record of excellence in a fast-paced work environment and managing tasks, time, and projects effectively
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written, and excellent presentation skills
- Confident decision-maker who performs well under pressure and tight timelines
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Experience implementing and using Social Media platforms, Salesforce, preferred
PDK International is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary, as well as generous 403(b), vacation, and health benefits commensurate with experience and proven results.
Minimum Education Required